Water is a crucial part of The Forest game-play.
Uses of Water[edit | edit source]
- Quench thirst
- Wash blood off to avoid a blood infection
- Clean dirt and paint from the player's body
- Hide from the cannibals underwater, where they will not venture
- Swimming across deep bodies of water so that cannibals will give up the chase
- Source of fish and turtles
Types of Water[edit | edit source]
There are three kinds of water in the game:
- Salt water, found in the ocean nearby. It is undrinkable.
- Polluted water, found in ponds. It is drinkable, but will damage the player's health.
- Fresh or clean water, created by catching rain in water collectors or by boiling polluted water. It is the preferred type of water, as it is drinkable and will not damage the player's health.