As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
VR Beta 3
VR Beta 3 was a major update that introduced VR into The Forest which was released on June 15th, 2018.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
This patch adds multiplayer support to the VR version of The Forest and also adds some fixes and improvements to the regular 2d version of the game.
For the 2d game we fixed a bug where food and waterskin could vanish from certain save games, added a new progress circle as DS games are loading, made sticky bombs clearer visually and fixed a few cave and crafting issues.
For the VR version of the game, you can now play in multiplayer, either with other VR players or with regular 2d players. For animation, we’ve added an IK system so you can see the other players arm movements in VR. This means with motion controls you can now wave to your friends, or show off your best dance moves around the campfire.
We also added an option to choose which hand holds the bow, added an option in the menu to choose which audio driver to use (which should fix all issues of players reporting no sound) and fixed some other small issues.
If you are running a dedicated server, you will need to restart your server with the latest version to be compatible with this patch release.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Sticky bombs made clearer visually in inventory
- Caves - fixed air hole in waterzone under geese lake
- Caves- fixed hole in cave 9
- Walkie talkie now shows a click to equip in inventory and can now be equipped from inventory
- Fixed quiver getting completed instead of rabbit boots if there are enough ingredients for the later
- Fixed a case of some item views being broken in inventory after loading a save
- Fixed screen layout when switching some resolutions
- (Multiplayer) Added same version check as with DS to the game browser
- DS - Added progress circle when loading server list
- VR:Fixed a case of action icons not hiding completely
- VR:Added new Audio Driver option allowing to pick which output should be used by the game
- VR:Added capped hand models to menu selection hands
- VR:Fixed assigning hotkey items to backpack breaking inventory
- VR:Vive triggers buttons deadzone increased, less sensitive to minor touches
- VR:Player body is now aligned with vr camera angle when rotating more than 90 degrees
- VR:Fixed camera sometimes not positioned correctly during ghost mode cutscenes
- VR:Right handed bow option added
- VR:Fixed issues with VR camera updating incorrectly while attached to structures and objects
- VR:Fixed hands not getting clean when washed in water
- VR:Fixed camera becoming offset/stuttery when using catapults built on steep terrain
- VR: Added multiplayer support
- VR: Added controller button icons for context actions
- VR: Enabled support for color grading settings in options
- VR: Added warning when player real-world movement is blocked
- VR: Fixed camera breaking when dying on rafts and in water
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019