As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
v0.65 was a major update that was released August 9th, 2017.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
This patch includes a new 64 bit launcher. This will allow you to use as much ram as your hardware allows, which should be especially helpful for players with large bases, or those hosting games and running low on memory. A 32 bit exe is also still included for players on 32 bit systems.
The flare gun now has new reload animations and sound effects, as well as an aim down sights mode. Held flare also has new sounds and animation, and flare will now be visibly sparked before being lit.
Animals now get bloody when you hit them, with the damage being location based. This helps makes it much clearer when you have actually shot one with an arrow or have partially injured one. We also added this same system to the stewardess and some of the dead hanging bodies in the world.
There are a ton of new props around the cannibal villages and inside some of the beach huts. New buckets, bed mats, benches, plates and chairs in an effort to make those locations feel more lived in.
The endgame boss has had a pass at making it more difficult to fight, including being faster and attacking more often and with more variety of attacks, as well as being more aggressive in chasing down players attempting to keep their distance. In co-op mode the boss health will increase based on the amount of players in the room. In addition to these difficulty changes, the player can now re-spawn in the bed in front of the room instead of making you traverse all the way back there if you die during this encounter.
Along with this we did some sound effect polish including lowering the volume of the chainsaw, improved textures on the skinned animals, made some fixes to the achievements we released last patch, improved controller support and lots more for the full list visit: http://survivetheforest.com and https://www.facebook.com/SKSgames/posts/1800123293335106
If you are running a dedicated server, you will need to restart your server with the latest version to be compatible with this patch release.
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- (Multiplayer)Fixed camcorder strap clipping into player’s hand
- Fixed flintlock not properly returning to aim mode if aim button was held down after firing
- Fixed player visibility not being affected by held flaming arrow light
- Improved skinned textures on rabbit, lizard, deer and crocodile
- Flare gun now has aim down sights mode and a reload animation
- Fixed standing fire doubling up after burning out/getting destroyed
- Further memory optimization of some end game animations and assets
- Fixed dead rabbit dropped from hand using wrong texture
- (Translations) Fixed case of “added to backpack” dynamic text not translating
- (Multiplayer) Fixed sleep on yacht achievement for clients
- (Multiplayer) Fixed building related tasks and achievements for clients
- Improved snap to items in inventory with a gamepad feature, it now targets groups of objects with same properties (so that it goes through the pile of sticks in 1 click but allows to target fire arrows amongst normal ones, decayed meats etc.)
- Ghosts and building requirements updated for raft and houseboat
- Ghosts updated for small and large holders to match finished log visuals
- (Audio) Fixed missing SFX when killing a held live rabbit
- (Audio) Tuned volume levels of chainsaw
- (Audio) Added gore footsteps to some gore assets in endgame areas
- (Audio) Added reload sound to flare gun
- (Audio) Added sound to new held flare ignite animation
- Held flares now have a ‘light flare’ animation as they are equipped
- Overhead smash attacks now produce blood sprays correctly when hitting an animal or enemy
- Dead flight attendant can now be hit with weapons and with get bloody
- (Translations) Updated Finnish translation
- Player will now drop from a climbing wall if climbing axe is unequipped
- Fixed some parts of the building system still using legacy “Take” action instead of the “Build” action
- Fixed regression in previous patch caused by an optimization of ocean system leading to ocean looking laggy while swimming, optimization is now only effective while not * * swimming in ocean
- Fixed enemy textures sometimes turning black when killed in traps
- Caves- fixed player head intersecting with Climb walls
- Fixed asset bundles system unloading dependencies before a bundle is completely out of use
- Caves – fixed holes in cave 9
- (Performance) Fixed one of the LOD scripts so that it doesn’t go on and off constantly when standing at visibility threshold range
- Added slight battery charge upsurge when equipping plastic torch, it now equips and flashes for a split second before getting stashed to showcase battery is out of charge
- Fixed walky talky not equipping when out of plastic torch battery charge
- (Multiplayer) Now syncing Zipline and Crane sfx
- (Multiplayer) Sped up scrolling in game browser x7
- Animals now appear bloody when struck!
- Added new bucket, bench, wicker sleeping mat and plats/bowl models to cannibal villages
- Endgame scene will now attempt to load again if the initial loading fails, which may occur if harddrive is under heavy load.
- Fixed held plane axe clipping through player hands
- Fixed bird landing on hand misaligned while holding the flintlock or flaregun
- Larger animal heads (shark, crocodile and deer) have collision so the player cannot stand inside them.
- Fixed block animation getting stuck while interacting with crane and other triggers
- Boss enemy in the end game section has been made overall more aggressive and difficult to kill
- Previously, stairs built in a circle could not be completed if you were standing in the circle, even if you did not intersect with the stairs. They should now be buildable so long as you are not intersecting with the stairs
- Fixed offset plant pickup and sheen icons on some plants
- Replaced fxaa with a working version
- Fixed ghost leaf shelter rendering over book
- After dying in endgame while fighting boss enemy player now respawns next to a bed and has a wake up animation
- (UI) Fixed issues with using a gamepad in the options menu, it can now be fully navigated and used, including sliders (use the right stick) and remapping screen (use triggers instead of right/left click to edit & delete mappings)
- (UI) Fixed DS browser scrollbar mess + improved perfs
- Changed gamepad snap in inventory feature to free by default
- Decorated the beach houses with new props and pickups
- End boss health now scales with the amount of players currently in the game
- Added herb health pickups to some cannibal village locations
- Increased health on deer
- Fixed issue with accuracy of the map revealing system
- Revamped cave exploration tasks, instead of being based on invisible triggers it is now based on revealed map areas, which should make cave exploration tasks clearer and the spelunker achievement possible without cheats
- Fixed player not taking armour damage from enemy stomp attacks
- Fixed blood screen effect missing when hit with stomp attacks
- Fixed stashing map leaving it active in hand
- Fixed arrows not sticking into rabbits correctly
- It is no longer possible to take damage before finishing loading & plane sequence (if playing) at start of game
- (DS) Fixed animal pool not getting cleaned up properly when leaving the game to title screen, leaving further runs with no visible animals when playing as client
- Explore Hanging cave task is now made available when going through the main entrance instead of after the hanging cutscene
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019