v0.53 was a major update that was released January 19, 2017
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
This patch introduces the new repair hammer. Previously you would simply press E to repair damaged structures, this now requires you to first craft the repair hammer, and then hammer away at structures to repair them.
Arrows will now consistently stick into enemies and also should hit more accurately now. Once enemies are knocked down you are able to retrieve the arrows from them. Seeing arrows stuck in some of the bigger creatures will also give you a better idea of how damaged they are.
In hard mode, we’ve increased the chance of distorted enemies coming out and also added a new system that will allow the distorted to travel in groups, either with regulars or other distorted. This should enable more encounters where multiple strategies are needed at the same time to deal with the different enemy types. We also increased the health on leader cannibals in both normal and hard modes
For multiplayer we’ve fixed a ton of bugs, allowed all weapons to now be shared with sharing tray, improved animations on other players and added a new leather jacket clothing variation.
We’ve fixed some issues with cave collision and specifically with players being pushed out of the world. We’ve also added some subtle coordinates to the pause menu. If you mention the coordinate numbers when giving any bug reports about specific locations in the game world it will allow us to instantly find the area.
For save games, we’ve added the option to view other saves on the same pc, as we have had some reports of save files missing which we hope this solves.
Along with this there are a ton more tweaks and bug fixes, the full list can be viewed below.
Additions / Changes / Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Creepy mutants can now travel in group.
- (Balance) Overall more creepy mutants will spawn in hard mode.
- (Balance) Increased chance of seeing fire mutants in hard mode.
- (Balance) Slightly reduced amount of skinny mutants overall in normal and hard mode.
- (Balance) Thrown firebombs from fire mutants travel faster now in hard mode.
- (Balance) Increased health of tribal leaders in both normal and hard modes.
- New craftable item: Repair tool ! 2 Sticks + 1 Rock + 2 Clothes + 10 Tree Sap.
- Replaces adding tree sap to repair structures (Multiplayer) New jacket clothing variation added.
- Fixed being unable to interact with triggers after equipping an item from inventory while pushing sled.
- Fixed enemies sometimes not dying properly when killed from behind.
- (Multiplayer) Improved idle, walk and run animations on other coop players.
- (Multiplayer) Fixed large raft moving erratically sometimes when client player attempts to walk under stair geometry.
- Fixed missing collision on step section on left side of large raft.
- Fixed player not grabbing log sled correctly if a bird is landing on his finger at the same time.
- (Multiplayer) Fixed clients not dealing correct damage to knocked down enemies.
- Fixed some holes in terrain where former hidden caches were.
- Removed old stalactite model from caves.
- Fixed some rocks and objects inside sinkhole being climbable with climbing axe.
- Fixed flintlock sometimes not registering hits on targets Improved aiming on flintlock so it’s easier to hit targets above or below.
- Fixed ball floating slightly near fingers when reloading flintlock Left hand items are now correctly hidden and restored when reloading flintlock.
- Fixed flintlock ammo size on the crafting mat + added the multi view option.
- Fixed incendiary upgrade of the upgraded spear not restored after loading a save.
- (Multiplayer) All weapons can now be shared with the metal tray.
- Fixed a case of upgrade not completing if there previously was a full recipe on the crafting mat without room for the product in inventory.
- (Multiplayer) Fixed client not able to trigger trip wire traps with projectiles.
- Added a fail safe to force player to let go of sled when swimming (it already happened when entering water while moving sled around but didn’t work when sled was in water and player grabbed it).
- Tennis racket can now receive tooth, glass and feather upgrades !.
- Fixed story items on yacht and cassette pickups respawning even after being collected by player.
- Fixed light changing on cave ground after opening big door.
- Fixed some items in inventory having wrong outline(herbs, medicine, berries) (Multiplayer) Fixed burning a shelter causing client to get kicked (Multiplayer) Fixed destroying garden blueberry bush not working after collecting all berries on host side.
- Caves – Removed unusable climbing wall leading down to stash room.
- Fixed camp cots sometimes flying up into the air when approached by player.
- Fixed pickups dropped onto raft and large raft falling through.
- (Audio) Fixed clients loading in caves sometimes not having any cave audio effects.
- (Audio) Fixed boss music popping off abruptly for clients.
- Fixed waterfall falling water appearing black from a distance.
- Fixed pedometer screen in inventory changing when leaves are hovered over.
- (Performance) Optimized physics CPU usage when there’s a raft in game.
- (Balance) Set rebreather max air to 300 seconds (from 600).
- Now showing current world coordinates in bottom right corner of the pause menu, can be used when reporting location specific issues on the hub Replaced drying rack with a “lite”, single row version. Costs 5 sticks. This version should alleviate the targeting issues last version of the drying rack had. (not retroactive, previously made racks will still be the old version) Added support for multiple renderers to inventory item views, allowing items such as shoes etc. to be fully highlighted when hovered.
- Fixed small cabin having the save icon always visible Replaced the Iron Forest cheat with gameplay option setting: Iron Forest (No building destruction).
- Ghost foundations now check more accurately if player is below/within to prevent completion.
- Added a fail safe for plane hull position saving so that it can no longer get lost sometimes (not retroactive).
- Fixed gold keycard not appearing in inventory.
- Fixed ghost rabbit cage sticks having sheen.
- Improved blood seams on Cowman.
- Fixed stretched texture in yacht salon.
- Sled grab trigger no longer shows the action icon while sled is grabbed.
- Fired Arrows now stick into all enemies and animals!.
- Fixed arrows sometimes bouncing off target doing no damage.
- (Multiplayer) Fixed female bodies sometimes disappearing when killed as host.
- Skinning an animal now makes the plane axe bloody.
- (Multiplayer) Metal tray held by another player no longer shows any icon if empty.
- Fixed basic fire food placement collision being offset from renderers (Multiplayer) Fixed rock side platform not destructible.
- Fixed “Sticky” upgrade recipe tooltip not showing up Added “Steam not initialized. Try launching the game from Steam” label in title screen when needed (happens when there is a privilege difference between the Windows user currently running Steam and the one running the game).
- Fixed some items not retaining their last active bonus & content amount after saving and loading (such as pot not saving current water) Fixed arrows not going through custom wall windows.
- Fixed arrows not correctly registering hits on some structures such as storages.
- Meat cooking on fire while the fire runs out of fuel is now returned as raw meat that can be picked up (instead of continuing to cook).
- Fixed flintlock gun smoke appearing overly bright in shadows or in caves.
- Fixed lighting when sunset first turns to night time having overly bright ground lighting on some objects Fixed rock thrower having no collision when built on a raft.
- Fixed rock thrower projectiles sometimes damaging player when released from thrower.
- Fixed suit clipping through backpack model Fixed some missing collision in some caves.
- Save slot selection screen in title screen now allows to switch to saves from another Steam account than the one currently logged in (if there are multiple on same pc) Fixed player sometimes falling through the floor during a cutscene in the end section of the game.
- Fixed 2 players being able to both activate certain cutscenes at the same time.
- Changed ‘iron forest’ option to ‘Allow building destruction’ for clarity.
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019