v0.18, referred to as a "pretty massive" patch by the developers, was released on June 4, 2015.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
V0.18 – Destructible buildings, controller support, more of world opened up and much more! Posted on 3 June, 2015 by Anna
For this patch we’ve focused on our new building destruction system. It’s now possible to destroy buildings you’ve made, either with hand weapons or explosives. Enemies can now also try and bring structures down, so its more important than ever to lay out traps and defenses to stop them getting in.
Previously built structures won’t be destroyed correctly so we recommend starting a new save game for this patch. Experimental walls have also changed and loading a saved game with these built may cause additional issues.
As further balance may be needed, we’ve also added a cheat mode that will make structures indestructible – type ‘ironforest’ in title scene to enable this cheat mode.
We’ve finally opened up more of the world, added in new caves, new story pickups, fixed a bunch of multiplayer bugs, added in new enemy audio, new art, some new structures (procedural Stairs!) and lots more, all listed below
We really wanted to get custom building in for this patch, and its 99% working but due to a last minute issue with multiplayer saved games that we haven’t been able to solve yet, we’ve had to disable this for tonight. We’ve set the in game countdown timer to 4 days, but expect a hotfix in the next day or two as we’re pretty certain of the solution.
- note – new ssao is a bit slow, we recommend keeping it off for now until we further optimize it
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Additions / Changes / Fixes[edit | edit source]
- More of world opened up/developed
- New background mountains added (replacing old green mountains)
- New sea weed added to underwater areas
- New explodable rock type added. Place explosives near by to destroy rock.
- New cannibal village hut style: Beach hut
- New neon climbing rope texture
- New story related pickups added!
- New Plane interior art and exterior crash art
- New Plane lighting! (more moody, closer to trailer 3)
- Moved boars to only appear in top half of map, tortoises now only around lake zone
- First pass at full gamepad support !
- Re-work of all icons – will now display key set in custom key mappings, will switch automatically to Xbox controls when using controller.
- New player arm model/textures (no more seam on thumb! and better overall looking)
- New inventory backpack model.
- Foundation destruction system ! Foundations can sustain a certain amount of damage up until the point they will completely collapse.
- Building destruction system ! Smaller buildings like wall collapse at once and bigger ones can lose whole chunks before collapsing
- Building explosion system ! Small buildings like built fires are instantly blown apart but bigger ones like log cabins lose bits and suffer damage
- Building repair system ! Costs 1 tree sap to repair all damages done to your building (will eventually increase this amount once balanced)
- Enemies will now try and attack built structures.
- Audio – Over 200 new mutant voice audio events added
- Audio – balance and tweaks on footsteps, animals and other world sounds
- Player can no longer jump climb up steep colliders
- With climbing axe equipped, now *any* cliff face can be climbed, and you can move left, right, up and down!!
- Oar mechanism added to raft – press e to enter driving mode, mouse1 to move forward, a/d to steer left and right
- Raft should be pushable while on land now
- Fixed camera jumping to a random angle when exiting sled/rope climbing
- Player can no longer climb a rope whilst pushing a sled
- Procedural buildings in ghost mode are now properly culled
- When pot is filled with clean water, it can be drunk from within the inventory (like the waterskin)
- Some axes now are faster at chopping trees than others (Hint, modern axe is better)
- Sleeping at night in a shelter will keep you asleep now until the sun is up (unless woken by enemies)
- Fixed skull decoration not turning red when impossible to place
- Timed Bombs can now be planted on trees/walls/traps like the walkman
- While placing Foundations, it now shows a log between target position and the floor below before any position has been locked
- Each foundation chunk how has an anchor near the top !
- Fixed Foundation/Floor/Roof ghost collider requiring to move out of collider before it can be targeted
- When exiting swimming & climbing it now properly restores the previously equipped right hand item
- Cold damage now has a more meaningful visual feedback
- Raft now takes 4 rope to build (along with other needed items)
- Cloth can now be combined to craft rope
- A.i./pacing tweaks. Removed a delay before enemies start populating world. In overworld, enemies will sleep at villages and cave entrances during day, whilst some will patrol world. On dark, all mutants become active. At dawn some mutants will run back to villages to sleep and others will continue patrolling world
- Improved accuracy of a.i. water avoidance
- Fixed mud pickup being bright purple
- After cutting down a tree, spawned logs do not roll as far or as fast
- Fixed falling trees sometimes not turning to cut logs straight away
- Player crouch speed is now set correctly
- Moved cave 4 death position further back so you don’t get instantly killed by Virginia
- Made dead tree roots smaller by 30% and added more accurate collider so it can be climbed
- Fixed generic meat pickup icon having stick picture
- Fixed bug where game would sometimes start with player facing wrong direction in plane
- Fixed bug where animals would sometimes dart off at super speed
- Increased speed of deer to make chasing it down less viable
- New bush type added: Blackberry
- Added waypoint system for cave mutants, instead of sleeping some cave mutants will patrol between set points
- Removed speed penalty when swinging weapon while holding lighter (for now, may change with further game balance)
- Lowered friction on dynamic plane chairs so they’re less ‘sticky’ when pushed around
- Reduced ‘slippery slope’ effect, player is less likely to slide out of control when moving fast down a hill
- Revamped mouse detection in book to make sure nothing gets in the way and prevent from clicking entries
- New improved ssao with color bleeding
- Fixed missing moon texture!
- Better cloud lighting!
- Trees now fall in the direction of the last cut
- Fixed trees visibly popping in after plane crash sequence
- Graphic settings are now saved when leaving the pause menu in game instead of when exiting the game
- Falling trees now send damage to whatever they hit (including buildings!!)
- Experimental walls are now split into individual buildings when placed (means they can be individually canceled/built/destroyed etc.)
- Stealth kills can now be performed with any axe/rock/stick type weapon
- Rebreather no longer auto equips (open inventory to equip) and light now only comes on when underwater
- Fixed bug where explosives would explode apart some mutants into purple chunks
- Tree billboards now blend instead of popping between angles!
- Improved vegetation updating system with tiling to only refresh objects in player’s surroundings (less cpu usage, more accurate updating)
- Fixed some bugs with rope climbing hands not being aligned correctly
- Fixed some instances of player not playing fall to ground animation on dying
- New procedural stairs system !
- New tree occlusion based draw distance calculation system (improves visual quality in open areas)
- You can now trash partially built structures and recover (some) of the items used!
- Removed blocking near big lake
- New dangerous animal type added!
- New discoverable camp added!
- Fixed bug where some particles would be drawn with a black box around them if ssao was disabled
- New dynamic wind system. Wind intensity will change sound and leaf/grass tree rustling. (currently only on 1 tree type)
- Fixed flickering in the transition between procedural building ghost and built states
- Music added to player dragged away scene
- Music (removed horror sting when player is sighted)
- Shadows – Fixed bug where close shadows would flicker/break up even on highest shadow settings
- Torn off cockpit is now findable in world along with the pilots and some supplies
- 2 new cave systems added
- Cave 5 door can now be opened by placing items on weight
- Fires now properly save their fuel amount and lit state
- Improved lod system to reduce amount of objects when using low (66%) or ultra low (33%) draw distance setting
- Improved distorted mutants pacing and navigation in world
- Increased player fall damage, it is now possible to die from a great height
- New building: Tree sap Collector ! Add to a tree (like tree houses) and come back frequently to gather the resource. Use it wisely to repair your fort from mutant attacks ! (can be found beside Bow Target in book)
- Fixed bug where skinning a raccoon would give you lizard skin
- Fixed numerous issues with log sleds!
- Billboards now have translucency, better normal maps, and match the rendered meshes closer
- Bombs now do more damage to enemies.
- Fixed various issues with all built traps
- Various performance improvements (cpu and gpu)
- (multiplayer) Fixed issues with item holders (sticks, rocks, logs etc.)
- (multiplayer) Flare gun now works for clients
- (multiplayer) Player will not get stuck sideways when climbing ropes
- (multiplayer) Added support for throwing flares, bombs and molotovs
- (multiplayer) Bow damage works properly for clients now
- (multiplayer) Experimental building system now works
- (multiplayer) Bridges now work
- (multiplayer) Fixed log duplication bug
- (multiplayer) Fixed raft not working
- (multiplayer) Fixed all issues with log sled
- (multiplayer)Added hit prediction to mutants and other players so attacking them is more fluid
- (multiplayer) fixed bug where mutants would not appear in caves unless player was near server host
- (multiplayer) Armors will now show up on other players
- (multiplayer) Fires should now work reliably for all players
- (multiplayer) Fixed issue where players would sometime receive damage ment for someone else
- (multiplayer) Arrows can now damage other players
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.11 which was released on January 23, 2019|
The current major version is v1.10 which was released on December 10, 2018