v0.13 was the 13th major version released. It was released on February 10th, 2015.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
v0.13: Cuttable corpses! Weapon rack storage, Snack storage, improved multiplayer performance and much more Posted on 10 February, 2015 by Anna
This patch gives players the ability to chop up bodies into individual parts – no more bodies exploding when you hit them!
We’ve also done a major pass at multiplayer optimization. Enemies should be less jittery for clients and both clients and servers should have a much smoother experience. Our microphone system has been revamped to use almost no cpu and also not cause those annoying memory stutters every few seconds.
New buildable items have been added to the survival book: a weapon rack, snack cupboard, bomb holder and medicine holder. In single player you can store your items at your base. In multiplayer you can use these holders to trade items with other players.
Caves this month have seen a lot of work, and Dead Cave in particular has seen a major overhaul. More interesting areas to explore, more items to find.
Finally, we’ve added a first pass at procedural floors. Along with procedural walls, and foundations these will eventually provide the building blocks to allow you to build any type of structure you want. Next patch will finally include custom ceilings!
There’s also a lot more added, all listed below.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Old save games should continue to work, however if you notice anything strange (stranger than normal!) start a fresh game to make sure you are fully up to date.
Additions / Changes / Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Armsy combat improvements - can now turn around quickly, attack to left and right and attack from further away. Will swipe at trees more often. Will react to explosions by staggering backwards.
- Armsy will knock down walls and other structures near player, and will now interact better with dynamic logs/props pushing them away
- Lowered throw force on bomb timed and added friction to rigidbody to reduce hockey puck feel
- Added distance based camera shake when bombs explode!
- Improved look of wood plank barriers - better textures, better break apart chunks
- Wooden planks now have a health value and will take longer to be broken down by a stick versus an axe
- (multiplayer) Added two new player character model variations
- (optimization) Improved Experimental Foundations & Walls memory footprint
- (building) Removed Manual Foundations 4 edges limit, improved visual feedback
- (building) Added closure snapping to manual foundations
- Improved log sled pushing - less jitter and glitches when pushing sled close to other objects
- Changed gazebo floor collider so items can be built on top of it.
- Player can no longer jump while pushing the sled
- Lowered damage from un-upgraded rock weapon
- Added extra checks to stop player falling through world when climbing ropes
- Lowered damage amount molotovs do to Armsy. Setting Armsy on fire will cause him to become enraged, running around or attacking the player
- New dying sound distortion added when player is in grey-zone state
- (audio) rope climbing sound effects added
- (audio) Falling Leaves sound effects added and tuned
- (audio) Fixed bug where bush rustle sound effect would sometimes not play if player was running full speed and at an angle
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the game to get stuck halfway in the loading process
- Fixed trees initializing after black screen removal when loading a saved game
- Slightly larger hit colliders on birds and stick weapon, makes it easier to kill grounded birds with a stick
- Enemy bodies no longer explode when you hit the body after killing them! You can now chop off individual limbs!
- Tree houses now require rope to build
- Cave 2 crayon map drawing with shiny sticker stars on it added as a collectible item. (hint: try and find locations of stars)
- (audio) Music sting added when player is woken up by enemies
- (audio) New music sting added when an important item or location is discovered
- (audio) First pass at Skinny enemy audio added
- Fixed log wall breaking apart rotated incorrectly
- (Cave 1) major design re-work. More interesting areas, easier to navigate, more secret areas and items, improved collision.
- Player is no longer able to pick up logs while jumping, swimming, sailing raft or pushing sled
- Equipped logs are now dropped when beginning to swim, sail a raft or push a sled
- Standard enemies can now attack built player walls
- (hopefully) Fixed bug where enemies would sometime appear in t-pose in multiplayer games
- Improved cave 2 entrance visuals
- Random hint texts added to dead screen!
- Removed starfish from caves and other strange places. Will now only appear on beach.
- (multiplayer) New voice chat system! Using microphones/walkie talkies will no longer cause memory allocation and framerate stutters as memory is attempted to be cleaned out.
- (multiplayer) Performance improvements!
- (multiplayer) Fixed delay where log would remain visible for a short period of time even after being picked up by clients
- (multiplayer) Fixed delay between tree falling and breaking into logs for clients
- (multiplayer) Craft audio now plays for each player, you should no longer hear other players craft sfx play from far away
- (multiplayer) fix a bunch more 2d sounds that could be heard by both players at wrong time
- (multiplayer) Major lag improvements for enemies! Enemies will now visually update more often when close to a player
- (multiplayer) Fixed fires not replicating
- (multiplayer) All enemy types now show up in multiplayer games (distorted, pale creatures etc)
- Fixed missing collision on orange tents
- Fixed issues where after climbing rope, it would slightly reposition player making it very easy to fall back into hole or off ledge
- New buildable item: Weapon Rack! Store up to 4 non projectile equipment items
- New buildable item: Snack holder
- New buildable item: Explosives/molotov holder
- New buildable item: Medicine cabinet
- Fixed flare gun not setting enemies on fire
- Getting hit while blocking now drains more stamina
- Block will fail now when hit if you have very low stamina
- Birds are no longer active while inside a cave
- Optimized all animal animators to save cpu performance
- (single player only) New buildable item: Climbing Rope (needs to be hooked to a single Structure Anchor, a minimum distance with floor is required)
- Added Structure Anchors to: Gazebo (2), Log Cabin (2), Platform (2), Extensible Platform (4), StairCase (2) and Wall (2) [retro-active] (you can now *attach bridges or rope to these items) (Single player only)
- New cheat code added: ‘vegetarianmode’ enemies only come out at night.
- New cheat code added: ‘meatmode’ cancels the other cheats
- Active cheats now saved locally (Hint: Type meatmode on title screen to cancel active cheats)
- (single player only) New buildable item: (experimental) Procedural Floor (snap on top of foundations, or to procedural walls that are on foundation + floors)
- Can now rotate tree structures while placing them !
- Improved building placement near structures that can be built upon
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019