v0.12 was the twelfth major version released. It was released on January 15, 2015.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
v0.12 – Steam multiplayer integration, craftable paint, stealth armour, building inside caves, improved crafting and more. Posted on 15 January, 2015 by Anna
This patch introduces proper Steam multiplayer support. You no longer need to open ports or give people your ip address. Simply click and invite friends or make a public server. Hint: make games private if you don’t want anyone who you haven’t invited to join.
We’ve also improved crafting, added paint, a craftable berry pouch, fixed a bunch of bugs and lots more, all listed below.
Old save games should continue to work, however if you notice anything weird start from a new game to ensure everything is up to date.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Steam multiplayer! No more manual ip entering or having to open ports! You can now invite friends to play and they can easily join your game through steam!
- MP Client loading added – will now keep client player stats and inventory when client continues a multiplayer game (buildings are still saved on server)
- Improved craft item multiview placement on crafting mat
- New item added: Rabbit skin
- New item added: Rabbit pouch (can be crafted with 2 rabbit skins)
- New items added: Collectable blueberries, snowberries and twinberries (approach bushes whilst holding rabbit pouch to collect)
- New item added: Blue Paint (can be crafted by combining 2x blueberries with tree sap)
- New item added: Orange Paint (can be crafted by combining 2x Marigold with tree sap)
- New upgrade recipes: Stick/Upgraded Stick + Blue/Orange paint
- New upgrade recipes: Rock/Upgraded Rock + Blue/Orange paint
- New upgrade recipes: Plane Axe + Blue/Orange paint
- New upgrade recipe: Lizard Skin + tree sap + 15 Leaves = Stealth armour!
- (audio) New leaf wind rustle and ambient wind sounds zones added
- (performance) Optimized collision on cave wall chunks
- (performance) Added some optimizations to distant enemies, disabling physics checks etc.
- (performance) Improved material memory usage in inventory
- (performance) Improved memory usage over time
- Added some small streams to world
- Entering water in caves will now make player cold. (Hint: Build a fire to warm up)
- Entering water at night will also make players cold
- (audio)New cave 2 waterfall sounds added
- Fixed cassette player overlapping pedometer in inventory making it unselectable
- Fixed tree houses not falling when tree is cut down after loading
- Fixed bug where you could build structures in trees which already have something built
- Fixed crash clearing not removing trees on loading a save game (fixing issue where trees would sometimes block exit from plane or from home you’ve built near crash site)
- Fixed bug that caused inventory to stay up when dying while in inventory
- Fixed bug that allowed players to craft items for free after closing inventory while having a valid recipe ready on the crafting mat
- Fixed missing material cave dead ground
- Fixed energy mix inventory info
- Fixed generic meat floating above fire
- Fixed some a.i. issues where enemies would find players almost instantly
- Fixed bug where building would sometimes break near standing fires
- Rock and stick pickups added to caves, along with some new body parts
- Crafting progress bar! You can now see if the items you are adding to the crafting mat are building towards something.
- Crafting recipe output images! You can now see what item you are building towards on crafting mat
- Fixed overbright moon
- Enemies will now attempt to jump over small player built items (benches etc.) instead of getting stuck
- Cave 2 – added sky opening to big lake room letting some light in
- Tree attack animations added to armsy
- Mid and close trees can now be torn up by armsy
- (multiplayer) After being downed in a multiplayer game, player will enter an injured state. In this state they can choose to restart, or wait to be revived by another player. A kind player with medicine can approach downed player and heal them, or a mean player can hit them with a stick.
- (multiplayer) Days survived screen will appear for a few seconds after players are killed and before they can respawn.
- Balanced enemy amounts at night to limit players being swarmed by 15 enemies at a time
- (multiplayer) First bash at performance improvements.
- Increased range animals will spawn from player to avoid pop-in
- Fixed some bugs with enemy pathfinding
- Added a repeat delay for enemies spotting player and screaming
- Increased vision range on enemies slightly
- Fixed bug where placing a building near a fallen log could break the placement orientation
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where fire would appear overbright for other players who didn’t start fire
- (multiplayer) Increased chat log visibility length and history
- WalkyTalky locking feature removed (can now equip another utility item without stashing it first)
- (audio) Fixed missing underwater sounds
- (audio) Fixed bunch of 2d sounds which could be heard in multiplayer by both players (hammer audio, enter water etc.)
- (Multiplayer) Can no longer have more than one set of corpse items waiting to be retrieved. Dying will cause your current items and location to be the corpse items.
- (audio) cave rock sound will now correctly play when walking in caves
- Added more stick, rock and Cash pickups to caves
- Fixed bug where opening inventory would sometimes give you a black screen!!!
- (audio) Player jump breath and land sound effects added
- Fixed bug where killing leader of a group could sometimes cause the other members to stand around corpse doing nothing
- Toy robot added to sleeping Timmy hand
- Toy pickups added to world, along with new examine item animation
- Cash can now be used in place of leaves to start fires
- Cash can now be found in some suitcases
- You can now build structures inside caves (although fires are most practical)
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019