V0.08 was the 8th major version released. It was released October 8th, 2014
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
For this patch we’ve focused on improving our stealth gameplay. Enemies will now search for you and you can use the many bushes, rocks and trees to hide behind and evade them. (hint, use Crouch!)
We’ve also introduced weapon upgrading, a new animal (deer) and a bunch of other tweaks and improvements.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to email@example.com.
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- First pass at infinite weapon upgrading! use collected items to upgrade your weapons. Use teeth, feathers and glass shards to improve weapon speed and damage.
- First pass at Cloth/fire upgrading system added - add cloth to your weapons and set them alight
- Stealth gameplay! Lowered vision range on enemies and gave them a smaller cone of vision.
- Bushes will now hide player from enemy vision when crouched!
- Player now less visible to enemies at night - unless lighter is out, making him more visible.
- Covered in Mud will now correctly conceal player making him harder to spot by enemies.
- Lowered range that enemies can hear player when walking/running
- Stealth kills added! If player attacks an enemy from behind with rock or axe type weapon and enemy is unaware of player it will be an instant kill
- Enemies will bash away bushes looking for player when hidden from them
- New cave explorer model added to cave (hanging)
- New cave explorer model added (crushed)
- Better death theme (less grating)
- High detailed plane doors added
- Better looking log held model
- Improved building memory usage
- Improved HUD memory usage
- Heads can now be cooked on fires to create skulls
- New pick up item added: Skull
- New craftable item : Club (skull plus stick)
- You can now pick up and use enemy clubs
- Picking up items in quick succession will now display a number for how many were collected
- All collected items now have message appear
- Improved previous weapon switching system to be more reliable
- New buildable item: Chalet Style Treehouse
- New buildable item: Meat drying rack
- New buildable item: Bonfire
- New buildable item: WalkWay
- New buildable item: Small animal trap!!
- New buildable item: Gazebo
- New buildable item: Defensive spike barrier
- New art for body stumps (decapitated head, leg, arms)
- Cannibals eating dead bodies now takes longer
- Chicory and coneflower plants are now collectable
- New Craftable item: Energy mix (chicory plus coneflower)
- Eating Coneflower will restore a small amount of health
- Eating Chicory will restore a small amount of energy
- Raccoon group behaviours added
- New raccoon animations added, walk, trot, improved idling, overall raccoon animation speed increased
- New craftable item: Headbomb (head plus bomb)
- Fixed door on medium cabin
- New animal added: Deer! Deer will turn towards approaching player, eat grass, run away from player and more
- New crafted axe model
- Crafted axe now requires rope to build (Rock,Stick, Rope)
- Improved motion blur quality,stability and memory usage
- Fur! Raccoons and rabbits now have fur shading
- Improved look of lizard armor
- Improved bird reactions to player, should fly away when you approach
- Increased fog ranges
- Reduced clipping of player arm in body when looking down at self
- Removed deeper cave dead positions. Waking up in cave will now always be reasonably close to surface
- New detailed rope model added, along with new curled rope pick up prefab
- Tweaked pacing of daytime enemies
- Less blue enemies in upper parts of caves
- New lizard skin inventory model (replacing scaled lizard mesh)
- New inventory item : Tree sap! can be collected from trees, can be used in weapon upgrading/crafting
- New tooth model and texture
- Improved pickup system. Will now pick up closest item you are looking at
- Increased chance of meds and torches in suitcases, lowered chance of tennis balls.
- Improved look of alpha selected items in inventory(feather, herbs)
- Torch now displays amount of charge left in inventory tooltip
- Inventory herb models replaced with more realistic versions
- Fixed issue where weapons would swing a second time if you clicked again during early part of swing
- Randomized size of animals
- Cave lakes, collision,lighting and layout improvements
- Added more randomness to plane crash possible locations
- Flashlight no longer auto equips on pick up, needs to be manually selected from inventory
- You can no longer pick up rabbits, you need to catch them in trap first
Note: Due to changes with how saving works on some items old saved games will no longer work with this version.
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha/Early Access|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019