As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
v0.04 was the fourth major patch of The Forest, released on July 22nd, 2014. It improved enemy behaviours, world lighting along with more bug fixes and some new features. A follow-up update was released, v0.04b, which fixed some small bugs bugs and improved performance.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
Here’s our latest patch, improving enemy behaviours, world lighting along with more bug fixes and some new features.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to email@example.com.
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- New A.I. behaviour, mutants will sometimes go home to sleep during day along with other new routines
- Distorted mutants can now be killed with regular weapons
- Distorted mutants more aggressive and deadly in combat and have expanded actions
- Better ambient lighting. Trees and large objects diffusely occlude skylight (experimental)
- Pause menu now actually pauses game
- Enemies use rocks more often to jump attack at player
- New female enemy type added.
- Better distribution of enemies throughout the world.
- Constructed bench now works and players can sit to regain energy or watch sunset
- Increased axe damage against enemies
- More variation to female cannibal models, added procedural breasts size system
- Improved Rabbit/Lizard distribution and optimized CPU usage.
- Improved sky and sun look
- Improved dead cave lighting and cave 2 lighting
- Better cave textures and rock look
- Dead cave prop fixes, fixed some incorrect rock placements
- Improved load times and added loading percentage amount
- Re-balanced hunger drain
- Better cave ground with flowing water and more detailed textures
- Enemies will now push small items out of the way instead of getting stuck on them
- Dead sharks now ragdoll
Bug-fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed rain sound never going away even after rain stops
- Fixed bug where some partially built structures couldn’t be completed after loading a saved game
- Fixed animals sometimes disappearing in regular and vegan mode
- Fixed issue where you could still shoot flare gun or use other weapons when pause menu was open
- Yacht random position won’t change now or get lost when saved game is loaded
- Fixed all effigies turning into arm effigy on load
- Fixed E to add icon showing up if holding a rock or stick even if items not needed in building
- Fixed cave drips continuing to play even when not in cave
- Fixed fish swimming outside of pond near cliff section
- Fixed fullness always starting at half when loading a saved game
- Fixed moonlight sometimes missing completely
- Fixed stick marker vanishing on loading saved game
- Fixed missing collision roof of cabin
- Fixed player flying in air after chopping dead bodies
- Rain effigy effect should now work and will wear off after time
- Cannibals spawning in villages no longer ‘pop’ when waking up
- Fixed creepy female model attacks sometimes not hitting player
- Fixed bug where bird landing on hand would sometimes stop axe from working
- Fixed enemy head and leg pickups sometimes appearing as arm pickups
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha PC|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019