Wiki claim[edit source]
This wiki already has 3 admins, so I'm not sure it requires a fourth. Your edits are appreciated and i hope you will continue to help improve the wiki. If you find that the current admins (listed on the Community portal are not responsive, then feel free to contact me and we can revisit your claim. — Game widow (talk) 00:44, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
I hope I am replying in the correct format here, first time. I tried several but most of them are really old. I tried updating the js but that wouldn't work. I thought it might of be a matter of obtaining a extension from gamepedia themselves. Here are the ones I tried:
- https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Update_Schedule - Couldnt access their js
- https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Forum:Countdown_template - This one I could not get to work, could not figure out why.
- http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Enodoc/Archive_2 - I tried this method and still couldn't get it working.
- Exvius wiki does use an extension, which i've enabled for you now, if you want to try again to replicate theirs — Game widow (talk) 14:09, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks heaps for doing that, I was going mad trying to figure it out. How do you feel about updating the main home page? I have been working on ideas for what could be implemented. Some of them are on my user page User:Farket8238. I am hoping to make the wiki feel more alive so people don't think its dead. Also adding more call to actions to encourage people to update the wiki --Farket8238 (talk) 03:54, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
Main page icons[edit source]
Awesome, thank you. Much more suitable than the previous one. I am having issues finding and working in new templates for a new main page. I honestly don't think I can do it. I spend hours looking and get no where. I have no issues filling the content of templates once they are there. The issue is how many templates link off each other and it becomes a maze. Maybe I am thinking too far ahead of myself. Cheers--Farket8238 (talk) 06:34, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
Thank you Farket8238 & Game widow and whoever helped for the new The Forest main page layout, MUCH cleaner, and helpful and useful! (If you don't want me adding this way, I apologize, but I wanted to let you know I am very grateful!)
Templates in general[edit source]
Thank you, I will see what I can find. Though its mainly boxes and windows but the format does my head in. I worked with that template you setup for me. I made some icons and its ready to go. I think the icons could do with some more editing, I am just not sure yet. I can publish it for now but I want to run it by you first before touching the main page. The setup is on my user page User:Farket8238. Ignore the twitter and patch stuff, its just the icon setup for now. --Farket8238 (talk) 13:42, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
- The icons looks just fine, feel free to adapt the main page to use them — Game widow (talk) 13:44, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, I have been doing quite a bit of editing on the main page. I added the timer too, managed to get it working properly. Thanks for help with all that. Would you be able to help me with the ItemCount Template? I want to try and get it so it links all items across the wiki, so they don't have to be changed individually when the game updates. Also, is it possible to have the images link to the item themselves? I tried the usual format but it doesn't work. Cheers--Farket8238 (talk) 05:54, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
Infobox Question[edit source]
Hello again, I was looking through some pages and figured I would upload and add some temporary images to some Infoboxes - obviously the ones you upload are superior - but I thought I'd provide a few until you got around to them. I am unfortunately unable to successfully achieve this, instead of displaying the image it shows the text "250px" in it's place, kind of as if it can't find the corresponding file. I double-checked the template and I believe I'm using the right format. I've tried resizing the images to 300px and checked to make sure a png should work, so I'm stuck. Wondering if you can shed any light for me. I'd obviously prefer your images, but thought it'd help out in the mean time. P.S. Your photo editing skills are exquisite. – Gkidmaadcity (talk) 00:42, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah it seems to be a common issue I have. It often happens when the file doesn't upload correctly. You can always try and upload another one first. The best practice is to upload it as soon as you drag it on. Otherwise it tends to have issues. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you want, just let me know the ones you're having issues with and I will fix them up. I actually have heaps more images that I need to upload. Cheers for the compliments, I probably have the files so I can fix them up. --Farket8238 (talk) 15:13, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
- Cheers, I think most of them are done, I do find a few stragglers here and there that I have forgotten. If you notice any let me know. I am working on the buildings next, templates done just have to go through and add the infoboxes and images. No worries about the images, I think it was like 3 of yours and about 150 of mine lol. I deleted nearly 500 unused images. Took awhile but its mostly done now. I made a page for the left overs, Images from Older Versions. Need to go through and sort them out. I am quite sure what to do about a lot of them aye. Not sure if a page dedicated to things that are no longer in the game works haha.--Farket8238 (talk) 10:32, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Here's To You[edit source]
Farket, you're awesome! Without you, The Forest would have shrivelled up and died a long time ago! Thanks for keeping the game and this wiki alive with your research, edits and videos! You rock!
Oh hey[edit source]
Finally I was able found you on this Wiki(I'm not used to editing at Gamepedia), thanks a lots for the videos. I'm a new player and your videos help me a lot :D
Sam - NguyenAnhLam 12:05, 26 April 2020 (UTC)