| This article's content is unimplemented|
It is either incomplete, or planned to be released in an upcoming update.
This article lists upcoming features that have been planned to be added during the alpha for The Forest.
Additions / Changes / Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Major changes include the move to the Unity 5 engine which would result in:
- Large visual and performance increase
- Better deferred renderer
- Improved lighting and shading
- More stuff
- Bigger sharks
- Harder hitting cannibals
Other mentioned features[edit | edit source]
- Increased visual improvements to make the world look, feel, and run better
- More buildable items
- More crafting options
- More trapping and hunting options
- More animals such as fish, snakes, frogs, and bird types
- More places to explore (new landscapes, even deeper caves)
- Further improved A.I.
- New hostile "terrifying" creatures
- Additional gamemodes
Virtual Reality (VR)[edit | edit source]
A VR version of The Forest will be released to all owners of the normal version, for free. This VR version is planned to be released on the 22nd of May, 2018. Quote from the changelog for v. 1.0 on www.endnightgames.com: "Today we are also announcing our first major update to the game. The VR version of The Forest will release for free to all players of the game, on May 22. It’s the full game, with your hud on a smart watch, a full 3d inventory, and tree cutting using motion controls. We think it’s the most fun vr game we’ve ever played and can’t wait to share it with everyone."