|The top and bottom of the Turtle Shell|
Also known as
|Can be used as a sled|
Used to make
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
It can also be held and used as a makeshift bashing weapon. It only deals little damage to enemies and consumes a lot of energy, but is extremely efficient to block. Used as a shield, it provides a full protection and negates any damage from cannibals or mutants (except from the Cowman charging attack).
The turtle shell cannot be assigned to the backpack quick slot at this stage.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Using the Turtle Shell as a Sled[edit | edit source]
As of v0.66, you can now ride the turtle shell as a sled!
Controls[edit | edit source]
- To initiate, you must attack with the shell as you're falling, as you would with a jump attack. To do this properly, you must look down when attacking with it, similar to opening locked suitcases. You can simulate the falling requirement by jumping, you can also run then jump to sled on a flat area.
- Your character should place the shell under himself and will start sliding
- While sliding, it is recommended to hold no movement keys, as holding any direction while sliding will slow you down.
- In order to steer, you must use the left and right movement keys.
- In order to exit, either jump or come to a complete stop.
- You can, however, jump with the shell immediately after initiating sledding without exiting.
- This allows for some speed gain, since you can hold forward in the air to accelerate somewhat.
- Holding forward while sledding midair will speed you up!
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- You will maintain all of your current speed when you start sledding.
- You can sled on grass and snow, however you can gain much more speed on snow.
- You generally don't take or deal any damage from high speed crashing. Though there have been reports of players being injured or killed from this, use caution or save before hand.
- While sledding, you cannot sprint and will gain stamina as normal.
- Falling while sledding is okay, you will take heavily reduced fall damage.
- If you fall a long distance, you will lose almost all speed.
- You will bounce off the ground after falling while sledding.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update History[edit | edit source]
|v0.71b||Fixed shoes vanishing when on turtle shell sled|
|v0.70||(Hard Survival)Reduced amount of turtles and birds in hard survival mode|
|v0.69||Turtle sled now plays a snow texture on top of turtle shell event when used on snow area.|
|v0.67|| Added new audio to turtle shell sled, and new airborne sound effects
Turtle shell model and texture re-work
|v0.66|| Higher resolution textures on turtle shell
Turtle Shells can now be used as a sled
|v0.63||Fixed turtle shell not making a sound when swung|
|v0.62||(Audio) Fixed Swinging rabbits, fish,lizard, bones, tennis racket, turtle shell and lizard missing whoosh sound effect when swung|
|v0.58||Player now collects turtle meat when skinning a turtle, leaving the shell behind|
|v0.50||Tortoises now have same drop as turtles|
|v0.33|| Position of axe tip is now dynamically adjusted when hitting crocodiles/turtles and other objects
Fixed turtle shell shield not correctly blocking attacks
|v0.22||Fixed turtle meat not spawning when already owning a turtle shell while picking it up|
|v0.19||Aligned turtle shell to upper part of tarp to make it easier to find in inventory|
|v0.15||Turtle Shell now fits in backpack !|
|v0.14|| Turtle Shell added to the game
New item added: Turtle shell! Can be taken from killed beach turtles. May be used in crafting structures or as a makeshift shield to block attacks! (or even as a weapon) New buildable item: Rain Water collector. Requires 4 sticks, 1 turtle shell.
|Axes||Plane Axe • Crafted Axe • Rusty Axe • Modern Axe • Climbing Axe|
|Melee||Katana • Machete • Tennis Racket • Club • Crafted Club • Chainsaw(Fuel) • Upgraded Stick • Upgraded Rock • Weak Spear • Upgraded Spear|
|Ranged||Crafted Bow • Modern Bow • Weak Spear • Upgraded Spear • Flare Gun(Flare Gun Ammo) • Flintlock Pistol(Old Gun Ammo) • Slingshot(Throwable Rock)|
|Projectiles||Molotov • Bomb • Head Bomb • Sticky Bomb • Dynamite • Arrow • Bone Arrow • Fire Arrow • Poison Arrow • Modern Arrow|
|Miscellaneous||Stick • Rock • Bone • Turtle Shell • Arm • Leg • Head|