|Alpine Tree House|
Protection from rain
|Requires a Tree|
|If Tree is destroyed its destroys the Tree House|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Tree House can be used to save and sleep in. The tree house is entered by climbing a rope into it, and can be exited by climbing down as well. As far as v0.40, it is possible to jump out of the Tree House without sustaining any fall damage, unless the exit is positioned on the downward face of a hill. This may be unintentional, so future updates may remove this capability.
The Tree House is a very safe shelter because creatures are unable to climb the rope into it. Like other shelters, the tree house provides the player with the options to Sleep and Save their progress. Two types of tree houses exist in The Forest, the standard type and an alternative, called the Alpine Tree House. This shelter provides great vantage point to scout out enemy movement, but if fire is lit inside at night, that makes player visible from a long distance.
As of recent patches to mutant AI; if player gets chased by mutants into his/hers Tree House, the mutants will attack the base of the tree until it collapses. This can result in significant resource losses, so it is best to consult each mutants' page to see surface combat techniques. In previous versions of the game the mutants would crowd below the treehouse without attacking, which was most likely the result of a bug in the AI fixed in v0.40.
- Prior to v0.10, the Tree House used ladders or stairs to access them. In the v0.10 update, this was replaced by rope.
- Like other shelters, it is possible to build structures within the Tree House.
- The Tree House can be attached to other elevated platforms, the rope is removable during construction, and there is an anchor mark.
- To have a place to sleep (pressing and holding 'Z' button if available)
- To regain energy and restore fatigue by sleep
- To save your progress (pressing and holding 'C' button)
- Safe place from mutants
- All shelters come with a house overlay icon which marks its location, it can be seen anywhere in the game world. This is advantageous to the player when adventuring, so they can always find their way home. The player can press R on this icon to change its color, or change it to ‘grey’ to switch the icon off.
Building[edit | edit source]
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Mutants may hit you while jumping, even if inside the Tree House
- In coop, only the host can see tree houses (and tree platforms), while the buildings do not appear nor can be used by the other players. May require further testing to see whether or not this is an isolated incident.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Treehouses were originally made with steps when they were first released in update v0.07, however they were soon replaced with climbing ropes in update v0.10.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
|v1.0||(Multiplayer) Fixed buildings placed on tree structures not properly removed if the tree is destroyed
Fixed position of anchor icons for all elevated structures
Player can no longer climb very short ropes on platforms/treehouses
|v0.73||Fixed cases of building treehouses on dead trees, allowing players to climb down through world|
|v0.68||(Performance) Overlay icons logic is now batched to reduce the CPU overhead cost (should help on games with lots of shelters, cabins, tree houses, beds, stick marker, sleds with the overlay icon turned on)|
|v0.62||Switched stick marker and sled flag icons to new system (same has house icon on shelters). On the first time loading an old save it tries to match the former color to the closest available color
Fixed tree house branch clearing being undone when tree was cut
|v0.58||Added new home icon UI to tree houses|
|v0.55||Fixed player not disconnecting from treehouse rope if treehouse was destroyed|
|v0.45||It is now possible to nest small buildings in both treehouses (considered dynamic, so it has same limitations as the houseboat)|
|v0.44||Tree house, Tree House Chalet and Tree Platform can now be toggled with the “Rotate” button after being placed on a tree (but still in ghost mode) to a version in which rope has been replaced by an anchor !|
|v0.32||Overlay icons (ie. shelter house icon) now check if they are above or below terrain and only show up when appropriate|
|v0.28||(Performance) New lod added for firestand built and treehouse built|
|v0.26d||Fixed case of partially built treehouses causing issue on loaded games/inability to add items to them or complete them due to them using the old stairs ghost model|
|v0.26||Fixed treehouse ghost meshes containing old stairs mesh instead of rope mesh
Fixed anchorable rope/tree houses/tree platform climb rope icon overlapping with rope model Tree houses & platform now automatically position their rope above ground like anchorable rope does
|v0.24||(Audio) Added creaking ambient sound to Tree House and Tree Platform structures, sound responds to wind intensity.|
|v0.23||Fixed building not working in both tree houses|
|v0.16||Fixed Treehouse + Treehouse Chalet floor not buildable|
|v0.15||Fixed bug where player could sometimes climb down rope out of world if tree house was placed on a slope|
|v0.13||Tree houses now require rope to build|
|v0.12||Fixed tree houses not falling when tree is cut down after loading|
|v0.10||Removed steps from tree houses! Replaced with climbable hanging ropes.|
|v0.08d||Tree structures (tree houses) are now destroyed when the tree they’re on is cut down|
|v0.08b||Fixed bug where selecting tree houses in book multiple times without actually building them could break building other items|
|v0.08||Alpine Treehouse added to the game
New buildable item: Chalet Style Treehouse
|v0.07||Treehouse added to the game
Tree house blueprint added
|Building: Fire • Shelter • Food and Water • Storage • Custom • Utility • Furniture • Small Traps • Advanced Traps • Boats • Effigies • Family|
|Information: To Do List • Stats • Nature Guide • Notes|