|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
|This article may contain spoilers for the story in The Forest|
이 페이지는 현재 건설중이며 스토리에 일관성이 없는 부분이 포함되어 있으며 전체 릴리스에서 변경될 수 있으므로 "The Forest"(2018년4월30일)가 정식 릴리스 될 때까지 현재 상태로 남아있을 수 있습니다.
이것은 The Forest의 스토리에 대한 안내서입니다. 게임 개발자는 아마도 지속적으로 추가 할 것이지만 이야기는 현재 어느 정도 완성되었습니다. 이 페이지는 모든 분류된 스토리를 연대순으로 배치하려고 시도합니다. 이야기의 나머지 부분이 다소 불분명하기 때문에 대부분의 주요 사건을 다룹니다.
스토리[edit | edit source]
스토리 혹은 줄거리는 게임의 배경입니다. 게임 개발자가 아마도 추가할 것이지만 현재는 다소 완벽합니다. 게임은 이제 유한한 결말을 가지고 있으며 창작 모드의 잠금이 해제되고 플레이어는 다시 같은 파일을 재생할 수 있습니다. 할 일 목록에서 첫 번째로 나열된 작업은 '티미 찾기'이며, [[peninsula|반도]를 탐색하여 스토리를 시작합니다. 스토리에 추가되는 많은 스토리 아이템을 찾을 수 있으며 그 중 일부는 메모 섹션의 생존 가이드에 추가될 수 있습니다. 이 페이지는 분류 된 모든 스토리 조각들을 순서대로 배치하려고 시도하며 많은 스포일러를 포함합니다.
스토리의 대부분은 선택사항이며, 대부분의 경우 스피드 런의 경우와 같이 게임을 완전히 무시할 수 있습니다.
반도[edit | edit source]
It is assumed that the caves suffer regular cave-ins, due to both the sounds the player can hear while in the caves (rocks tumbling) and the fact that several bodies (such as the Christian Missionaries below) are in an area only accessible by the rebreather yet come from a time period without such technology.
고대인[edit | edit source]
Across the island, ancient-looking obsidian doors, artifacts - such as the Obelisk - and structures can be found. Some of these structures require sacrifices of some sort, including live human beings. These suggest a 'Lovecraftian' sort of ancient power. As well as that, mummified corpses can often be found near and around the doors, corpses that were left alone by the cannibals, suggesting the doors and the things found near them predate the cannibals (or perhaps the corpses weren't good to eat). It is suggested that the use of the resurrection obelisk produces misshapen mutants, such as the Armsies, Virginias and mutant babies, (also seen prior to the boss fight with Megan Cross), and that this has been happening before the first truly notable visitors - the missionaries - came to the peninsula. For reference, please see the Virginia Sketch and the Latin Paper.
At some point (probably late 19th or early 20th century), many Christian missionaries or priests came to the peninsula. The Latin Paper, presumably belonged to said Christian missionaries, can be found in an abandoned camp in Cave 1 surrounded by aged items such as raw dynamite sticks. The Virginia Sketch almost certainly belongs to the missionaries, as it is drawn in the same fashion. It can be found near the grey tents with Bibles and crosses that seem to be a hallmark of the missionaries, along with being near lots of mummified corpses, praying to an obelisk drawing.
Due to the presence of the Latin Paper, it can be assumed that the group of missionaries were Roman Catholics or similar, including someone with decent knowledge of church Latin. They left many Crucifixes scattered around the place, along with crosses projected on to walls sometimes near their heavily decayed and mummified corpses. Bibles too are a frequent find near their old camps and inside the caves next to the corpses. Their corpses are often left alone and mummified, which suggests a sudden catastrophic event which led to their death. According to the Latin Paper, the Missionaries encountered a four legged woman, most likely referring to Virginia. This would mean that mutants at least were already on the peninsula at this point, further pointing towards the artifacts as the cause of the mutants.
사하라[edit | edit source]
Sahara Therapeutics purchased the peninsula at some point to conduct its experiments on "eternal life" and resurrection through the obelisks, and built a complex system of offices and research labs, stretching as high as the mountains to deep below the ground into the caves.
The Jarius Project was probably first marketed as a program, whose aim was to heal terminally ill children. These initial test subjects may have been sick children whose parents had volunteered them for participation in clinical trials at the facility where they were relocated to and continued receiving medical treatment. It's possible that Dr. Matthew Cross began experimenting with the artifact by using a living child to revive one that had died. However, this would in turn result in the death of the submitted child, who themselves would subsequently need to be revived at the cost of another, thus creating a cycle of child sacrifice and resurrection.
After the process, they were placed in observation rooms where they began to develop genetic mutations ranging from grotesque physical deformities to highly exponential growth rates. These genetic mutations were isolated and studied for their possible applications in other fields, such as cloning and adult longevity. At some point, something went terribly wrong in the lab, as shown on one of the camcorder tapes; an Armsy escaped from its containment, which possibly led to a cannibal/mutant uprising that left the facility overrun. Almost all of the human inhabitants are gone, leaving behind decaying corpses, bloody body parts, and a few live mutants and cannibals. It is suggested that this has happened fairly recently, as the head scientist Dr. Cross can be found at the end of the game, dead. Presumably killed by his daughter who stuck crayons into him.
실종 아동[edit | edit source]
A newspaper clipping can be found with the headline "Siblings Still Missing" in Cave 3. A milk carton can be found on the Yacht depicting Zachary, another missing child. It can be assumed that either Sahara took the children while the lab was still functional, in order to experiment on them, or to use the resurrection obelisk.
여러 방문자[edit | edit source]
- Cave Divers. Diving camps can be found deep in the caves, in sections only accessible by using the rebreather.
- Cave climbers/explorers. They have tents inside the caves as well in the non-water portions, along with some tents on the inside wall of the cenote.
- Hikers/explorers. Their sleeping bags and tents can be found all over the forest topside.
- Film Crew. They have a larger established camp with modern tents and film equipment scattered about, with scripts for a "Survivor" type program to be found on the ground nearby.
These groups appear to have come at assorted times, and all appear to have been cannibalised with no survivors.
요트 가족[edit | edit source]
At some point, a yacht crashed in a small bay on the west side of the peninsula.
This yacht seems to have arrived in 1984 or later. Supporting evidence includes the yacht magazine dated to 1984. On rare occasions Matthew Cross can be seen walking around on the yacht, so he may have a connection to it, or perhaps he uses it as a temporary shelter. Several drawings made by his daughter Megan Cross can also be found.
매튜 크로스 와 가족[edit | edit source]
The exact sequence of these events is unclear, and could paint radically different pictures of Matthew Cross depending on their order. For some period prior to the lab's downfall, Matthew worked for Sahara Therapeutics as head of the Jarius Project, researching the resurrection obelisk as indicated by his credit in Orientation Slideshow #2. He was at least aware of the power obelisk, as referenced by an email that he sent noting that it could take down a plane. It is suggested that with his knowledge of the power obelisk's ability to take down planes and the resurrection obelisk's ability to revive dead children, he took down the plane the player starts the game in, in hopes of acquiring a live child, and uses said child in the ultimate goal of reviving his daughter.
He had a wife called Jessica, who divorced him at some point, along with a restraining order filed against him. It is unknown whether this was before or after their daughter Megan's death, and whether she was aware of the full nature of his work at Sahara Therapeutics. Megan appears in a Camcorder video showing her alive and in a wheelchair in what appears to be the Sahara Lab's Cafeteria with many other people present. Another video shows Megan, again in a wheelchair, present during the escape of an Armsy. An autopsy report can be found and picked up which shows that Jessica was murdered in a homicide by multiple stab wounds and head trauma.
Matthew eventually gets fired from the lab for unethical and inappropriate use of company equipment, presumably tinkering with the resurrection obelisk. Matthew is on the peninsula alone (except for the cannibals), and he decides to use the power obelisk to bring down an airplane to steal a living child (Timmy) to revive his daughter. He is the red man which is seen by the player after the plane crash. The red paint acts like a protection from the cannibals.
플레이어[edit | edit source]
- The protagonist who you play as is Eric LeBlanc. He appears to have adept survival skills, as he can build shelters and go hunting within a short amount of time after the plane crash, with nothing but a handheld axe and an outdoor survival book.
- He appears to be a reality TV star, as found from a magazine cover. This magazine also suggests his wife is dead.
- He is most likely a TV survivalist, similar to Bear Grylls.
- He has one son, Timmy.
- The plane may have originated from New York, as certain passengers are wearing "I ♥ NY" shirts and suitcases contain statue of liberty figurines.
- It is assumed that the plane is predestined to arrive in Germany, because the label on the plane resembles logo for the German airline "Lufthansa".
- The plane was carrying many tennis players, who had balls and rackets in their suitcases.
- The plane crashes after experiencing sudden storm-like turbulence and engine failure.
- Some indeterminate time after the crash, a man in red paint (Dr. Matthew Cross) takes Timmy away while the player futilely crawls towards him.
- Only Timmy, the dead stewardess, the red man (Dr. Cross), and the player(s) are present on the plane when the player wakes after the crash, suggesting any dead had already been taken by the cannibals.
- The mostly-intact condition of the rear section of the plane make it possible that many other passengers could have survived, but that they had already fled the area, possibly upon the death of the stewardess. Their scattered locations across the peninsula suggest that some may have survived as long as several days before falling prey to the cannibals.
티미 찾기[edit | edit source]
- The player explores the peninsula to great extent, gearing up to head to the bottom of the sinkhole.
- The Vault, found at the bottom of the sinkhole, can be opened with the keycard. It leads to the research lab.
- After exploring much of the lab, the player finds the Resurrection Obelisk, with the dead Timmy inside. The obelisk/machine prompts him for a sacrifice when Timmy is hooked to an operating table.
- The player then realizes that Matthew had kidnapped Timmy to use as a sacrifice to bring Megan back to life.
- The player goes on a hunt for Megan, finding many of her childish drawings that are just like Timmy's.
- He encounters a dead Matthew Cross, with crayons shoved inside his eyes and mouth. A Megan Drawing suggests that Megan saw her father as a scary red monster, possibly giving motive for Megan killing her father.
- Megan is finally found, surrounded by drawings and toys. She flies a toy plane through the air before crashing it to the floor and pointing at the player, suggesting she knows who he is.
- Megan then suffers a seizure and transforms into a boss mutant that behaves and looks similar to a Virginia, including the spider legs and mutant babies.
- After defeating Megan, the player takes her corpse back to the artifact, only to find out that a live sacrifice is required.
- The player then uses a new keycard found on Megan's body to go to a second artifact. This one has the power to crash planes, seemingly by using an EMP. The player can then choose to use this power to bring down a plane, or shut down the device and let the plane pass safely.
오래 오래 행복하게?[edit | edit source]
비행기가 추락하는 장면에서 "1 년 후" 라는 텍스트와 함께 화면이 검은색으로 잘립니다. 플레이어와 그의 아들은 토크쇼에 나왔으며, 플레이어는 도란으로 알려진 호스트와 우호적인 나무 자르기 대회 경쟁을 하게됩니다. 플레이어는 Matthew 가 했던것처럼 아이를 납치하고 아들을 부활시키는것과 같은일을 했습니다. 장면중에 Timmy 는 작게 움직이며 흔들렸습니다. Timmy 가 폭력적으로 발작을 시작하자 행복한 음악은 공포로 변합니다. 캐릭터는 Timmy 를 위로하기 위해 달려갑니다. Timmy 의 경련이 서서히 멈추고 아버지, 플레이어를 바라보며 미소를 짓는다. 화면은 즉시 검은색으로 바뀌며 크레딧이 시작됩니다. 다음 장면은 Timmy 의 관점에서 나타납니다. 그는 이제 성인이 되어 작은 아파트에서 pinboard 를 통해 알 수 없는 섬의 지도를 봅니다. (섬은 미래의 음모와 연결될 가능성이 있습니다). Timmy 가 다시 발작을 시작하자 장면은 또 다른 시작을 알리는건지 도시를 바라보며 창문으로 걸어갑니다.