|This articles's name is conjectural.|
An official name is yet to be given, and it may change at any time.
The mountain area (also known as Tundra) is the northern part of the peninsula that is covered in snow.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The mountains themselves are not meant to be climbable at this time (v0.69), but higher points can be reached nonetheless.
An elevator in the sahara laboratory will take the player to the observatory on top of the mountains.
Instead of the rabbit fur boots the player can choose to wear snow shoes to prevent sinking into the snow, which slows down movement.
Flora[edit | edit source]
There're no berries and medical plants to be found in the area, but mushrooms, which are easy to spot in the snow.
However, most of them can only be found south of the lake and in the western part of the mountain area.
The cannibals seem resistant against the cold and patrol the area, although their general presence is lower than in the southern parts of the peninsula.
A high cannibal presence can be noted around the lake, whilst the more secluded western part has the lowest presence.
The low presence and the high number of mushrooms in the western part make it a good place to build a base at.
Especially, since the odd cannibal patrol can be spotted from far away in the snow.
Locations[edit | edit source]
• The lake with a secret cache
• Two lone fuel cans and a flare crate in the northeast
• The spring in the center of the area, which feeds the river together with the lake
• An abandoned camp with a corpse northwest from the spring
• A snowy promontory in the east with another abandoned camp in the center
• An area southeast of the spring with a high number of cannibal effigies
• The observatory (invisible unless the elevator has been activated)
• The cockpit
Trivia[edit | edit source]
In previous versions an invisible broken plane could be found in the mountain area. The Plane casted shadows and had a hitbox, but no texture. Its 3D model still remains in the game files.
It might become a part of the story in future updates, possibly connected to the survivor film crew, or it's an Easter egg.