We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The Log Sled is created by going to the storage page in the Survival Guide and selecting its blueprint. It is created using 21 sticks and provides movable storage for logs , rocks , sticks and bodies. The Log Sled can also be used to transport logs , rocks , sticks and bodies across water by building it on a raft. The Log Sled is immune to almost everything in the game, it is immune to cannibals, mutants, physical attacks, explosives and possibly more. If you wish to remove a log sled, you can use the Hole Cutter.
Carrying Capacity[edit | edit source]
To place a something into the storage you must be holding the item, a body, log, a stick or rock then approach the sled and press 'C'. To pick something up, press 'E'. The sled can be pushed by pressing and holding 'E' for a second.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When positioned awkwardly, and equipped/pushed, the log sled will glitch, and show the player's hand still holding whatever tool was previously equipped. If an attempt is made to let go of the sled, you will promptly fall through the map.
- Sometimes it will not show you can let go, making it almost impossible to get rid of it. When you come back from saving and exiting, the log sled will be gone.
- When opening a saved game, it is possible that the sled will spawn in the air some ways from it's original location, and fall.
- Occasionally entering or exiting caves may cause some sleds to disappear.
- The sled doesn't fit through doors, but if the player tries to equip it from the other side of the door then he and the sled might be catapulted into the air allowing him to "hop the fence" with the sled and thus free it in case the sled has been walled in without the need to destroy a wall (experienced in version 0.19).
- Placing a body in the sled causes it to flip upside down and shake vigorously, when you grab the sled it will shoot you up in the air and continue to, until you let go and fall to your death or aim for a water source.
- If constructed in multiplayer, it will created a sled for each player that can be maneuvered for log teleportation/infinite logs.
- Sometimes you can not pick up logs from the Log Sled in multiplayer.
Update History[edit | edit source]
|v0.07||Log sled added to the game.|
|v0.09b||(multiplayer) Fixed bug where rock holder/log holder/log sled use/construction could cause clients to be kicked from game|
|v0.10||Log sled is now "grabbed" and can be pushed and pulled more fluently.|
|v0.13||Improved log sled pushing – less jitter and glitches when pushing sled close to other objects|
|v0.14||(multiplayer) Fixed Log sled position and contents not syncing correctly|
|v0.15||Fixed bugs that would sometimes cause log sled to fall through world. log sled should now collide with boulders and cliffs. Fixed log sled audio playing drop noise when in its trigger or being pushed. Log sled now casts a shadow|
|v0.18|| Fixed numerous issues with log sleds!
(multiplayer) Fixed all issues with log sled
|v0.19||(multiplayer) Fixed issues with log sled after loading a saved multiplayer game|
|v0.20|| (multiplayer) Fixed log sled grab icon staying up when targeting the trigger while another player grabs it
Enemies can now jump the log sled!
|v0.21||Fixed bugs with log sled when grabbing/letting go while on a foundation|
|v0.21c||(multiplayer)Fixed issue where players could be teleported to log sled across map in some cases|
|v0.22||It is no longer possible to pick things up while pushing the log sled|
|v0.24||Log sleds can now hold 15 rocks.|
|v0.25||Fixed bug where bodies could not be placed in Log Sled when carrying rocks.|
|v0.27|| Log sled now costs 21 sticks to make (previously 15).
(Performance) optimized cpu usage on log sled
|v0.30||Fixed bug where player being hit by swinging rock trap whilst holding log sled could break game|
|v0.31|| Log sled now holds 11 logs (previously 7).
Log sled now has a colored flag. Smoother player rotation while pushing the log sled New image for Log Sled in Survival Book to make it clearer
|v0.31b||(Multiplayer) Fixed bug with sled where additional logs past 8 would appear to hover in the air until log sled was released|
|v0.33d||(multiplayer)Fixed log sled not working correctly for host player|
|v0.35||Fixed log sled movement glitches when driven over a happy birthday trap|
|v0.40|| Fixed log sleds not colliding with other log sleds
Fixed log sled getting stuck to player if hit while entering log sled
|v0.42||Log sled can now transport up to 58 sticks|
|v0.53||Fixed player not grabbing log sled correctly if a bird is landing on his finger at the same time|
|v0.55||Fixed log sled glitching through terrain if grabbed and holding logs at the same time|
|v0.57||Fixed dropped logs not colliding with log sleds|
|v0.58||Fixed player movement getting locked sometimes when grabbling log sled while eating meat|
|v0.58||Improved collision on log sled when full of logs|
|v0.64||Fixed log sled freaking out when placing dead bodies into it|
|v0.67b||Fixed issue with players being unable to let go of log sled unless hit or taking damage.|
|v0.68|| (Multiplayer) Fixed client players sometimes getting launched into sky when letting go of log sleds
Optimized animator cpu usage when bodies are placed in log sleds