Also known as
| Log Cart|
Movable Log Holder
|Stores and moves various items|
| Has many bugs, see below|
Not operable in Caves
Doesn't work in water
Doesn't travel onto cranes
Can't store corpses in Multiplayer
|Invulnerable to enemies|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Log Sled can be used to store and transport logs , rocks , sticks, torso’s and bodies. The Log Sled is immune to almost everything in the game, it is immune to cannibals, mutants, physical attacks, explosives and possibly more. If you wish to remove a log sled, you can use the Hole Cutter. The log sled also has an overlay flag icon that has five different colors to choose from. The default color is purple.
Storage[edit | edit source]
Building[edit | edit source]
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When positioned awkwardly, and equipped/pushed, the log sled will glitch, and show the player's hand still holding whatever tool was previously equipped. If an attempt is made to let go of the sled, you will promptly fall through the map.
- Sometimes it will not show you can let go, making it almost impossible to get rid of it. When you come back from saving and exiting, the log sled will be gone.
- When opening a saved game, it is possible that the sled will spawn in the air some ways from its original location, and fall.
- Occasionally entering or exiting caves may cause some sleds to disappear.
- The sled doesn't fit through doors, but if the player tries to equip it from the other side of the door then he and the sled might be catapulted into the air allowing him to "hop the fence" with the sled and thus free it in case the sled has been walled in without the need to destroy a wall (experienced in version 0.19).
- If constructed in multiplayer, it will created a sled for each player that can be maneuvered for log teleportation/infinite logs.
- Sometimes you can not pick up logs from the Log Sled in multiplayer.
- If you transferred a SP/MP save to MP/SP, most sleds will not work. (you cannot control them anyways)
- Sometimes if let go onto a non-flat surface, the sled can glitch and go flying in the air away from the player a pretty good distance.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
12 Logs on the Log Sled
Update History[edit | edit source]
|v1.0|| It's no longer possible to burn bodies placed in the log sled
Log sled built now has set flag color that can’t be changed to help identify its location
Fixed a rare occurance of grabber sometimes resetting its collider continuously, thus resetting any timed input until looking away and back
Added sledding tutorial
Fixed missing icon on sled after loading a save
|v0.73b||Fixed sled storage not working after moving sled unless interacting with its push trigger
Fixed sled impossible to let go with the “Take” button unless interacting with another trigger in world
Fixed a case of getting disengaged from a sled, for example when falling off a cliff, not turning off everything properly and allowing to grab the sled again from a distance by holding the “Take” button
|v0.73||Flag and interaction icons are now hidden while using the log sled|
|v0.72|| Sled can now carry up to 12 logs
Fixed player legs not moving when rotating with the log sled
Fixed picking up a log during the eating animation causing player to switch to the Plane Axe after dropping the Log
|v0.70||Fixed log sled occasionally flipping up wildly when full of bodies|
|v0.69||Taking items from the sled while already at max capacity for that item will now drop it to the ground|
|v0.68|| (Multiplayer) Fixed client players sometimes getting launched into sky when letting go of log sleds
Optimized animator cpu usage when bodies are placed in log sleds
|v0.67b||Fixed issue with players being unable to let go of log sled unless hit or taking damage.|
|v0.64||Fixed log sled freaking out when placing dead bodies into it|
|v0.58||Improved collision on log sled when full of logs|
|v0.58||Fixed player movement getting locked sometimes when grabbling log sled while eating meat|
|v0.57||Fixed dropped logs not colliding with log sleds|
|v0.55||Fixed log sled glitching through terrain if grabbed and holding logs at the same time|
|v0.53||Fixed player not grabbing log sled correctly if a bird is landing on his finger at the same time|
|v0.42||Log sled can now transport up to 58 sticks|
|v0.40|| Fixed log sleds not colliding with other log sleds
Fixed log sled getting stuck to player if hit while entering log sled
|v0.35||Fixed log sled movement glitches when driven over a happy birthday trap|
|v0.33d||(multiplayer)Fixed log sled not working correctly for host player|
|v0.31b||(Multiplayer) Fixed bug with sled where additional logs past 8 would appear to hover in the air until log sled was released|
|v0.31|| Log sled now holds 11 logs (previously 7).
New image for Log Sled in Survival Book to make it clearer
Smoother player rotation while pushing the log sled
Log sled now has a colored flag.
|v0.30||Fixed bug where player being hit by swinging rock trap whilst holding log sled could break game|
|v0.27|| Log sled now costs 21 sticks to make (previously 15).
(Performance) optimized cpu usage on log sled
|v0.25||Fixed bug where bodies could not be placed in Log Sled when carrying rocks.|
|v0.24||Log sleds can now hold 15 rocks.|
|v0.22||It is no longer possible to pick things up while pushing the log sled|
|v0.21c||(multiplayer)Fixed issue where players could be teleported to log sled across map in some cases|
|v0.21||Fixed bugs with log sled when grabbing/letting go while on a foundation|
|v0.20|| (multiplayer) Fixed log sled grab icon staying up when targeting the trigger while another player grabs it
Enemies can now jump the log sled!
|v0.19||(multiplayer) Fixed issues with log sled after loading a saved multiplayer game|
|v0.18|| Fixed numerous issues with log sleds!
(multiplayer) Fixed all issues with log sled
|v0.15||Fixed bugs that would sometimes cause log sled to fall through world. log sled should now collide with boulders and cliffs. Fixed log sled audio playing drop noise when in its trigger or being pushed. Log sled now casts a shadow|
|v0.14||(multiplayer) Fixed Log sled position and contents not syncing correctly|
|v0.13||Improved log sled pushing – less jitter and glitches when pushing sled close to other objects|
|v0.10||Log sled is now "grabbed" and can be pushed and pulled more fluently.|
|v0.09b||(multiplayer) Fixed bug where rock holder/log holder/log sled use/construction could cause clients to be kicked from game|
|v0.07|| Log sled added to the game
Moveable log holder blueprint added
|Building: Fire • Shelter • Food and Water • Storage • Custom • Utility • Furniture • Small Traps • Advanced Traps • Boats • Effigies • Family|
|Information: To Do List • Stats • Nature Guide • Notes|