|Traveling on water|
Can be pushed on land
Only boat that attaches to dock
|Requires 2 players to operate properly|
Doesn't attach to docks
|Can be flipped over|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Large Raft is the largest boat in the game, superseding the Raft and the houseboat, and is useful if you are going for an island base since there is plenty of space to build log, rock and stick holders on the raft. You cannot sleep or save, unless you build a bed. The raft is very stable and is equipped with two oars, making it possible to steered by two people at once, it is however not advised for single player for the same reason. As of V1.12 - VR, Large Rafts cannot not be moored to the Dock, only the Houseboat can be moored.
- The Raft is excellent as a cargo boat because of its size, and has a good stability.
- The Raft is slow and difficult to steer, and requires a good amount of resources to be built. It seems to be a lot harder to steer with it when playing alone since using only 1 oar makes it constantly turn into the same direction. The Large Raft is only usable in multiplayer, as it requires two players to steer the raft in a straight direction. Attempting to steer the raft alone, will result in simply moving the raft in circle, left or right, based on what side of the raft you are steering.
- at times a log holder that is built on the large raft will glitch and the logs will actually drop underneath the boat rather than stay on the boat in the log holder.
- Unfortunately, as of v1.07, nothing can be built on the second floor of the raft.
Building[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
||On the paddle of the boat|
||Paddles the boat forward|
||Paddles the boat backwards|
||Turns boat left|
||Turns boat right|
||Aim at sides of boat to push|
||Move the mouse to look around|
Boat Attachments[edit source]
Here is a list of the types of buildings and their abilities to attach, or not attach to all the boats. This can help you plan and choose what to build on boats.
|Can be placed, no exceptions|
|Cannot be placed, no exceptions|
|Can be placed on custom stairs, garden, shark and crocodile head trophy|
|Can be placed but it's not connected|
|Can only be placed on top of the house boat|
|Can be placed on specific buildings|
|stick marker, wood target, garden, rabbit cage, basic fire, fire pit,|
weapon rack, explosives holder, small cabinet, large cabinet,
stick holder, rock holder, log holder, bed, custom stairs, skull lamp, birdhouse,
wall planter, wall weapon rack, shark and crocodile head trophy
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If snacks are put inside of a cabinet on the Large Raft, the Large Raft will jerk in the direction that the back of the cabinet is facing
- Occasionally, when eating the "stew" out of an old pot on top of a fire source, the pot will drop through the raft to the sea floor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
|v1.0||Fixed rafts sometimes bouncing up and down weirdly while in water
Player will now stop and look at a photo of Timmy if attempting to leave the world on a raft
|v0.72b||Fixed save system not always initializing correctly, possibly causing some player made structures to go missing such as log holders|
|v0.72||Fixed player able to push rafts from a distance after dying and respawning in a dedicated server game
Fixed rafts sometimes continuing to move after letting go of oar
Fixed player hearing footsteps sfx when standing on raft that is being moved by another player
|v0.68||Made rafts move overall slightly faster
(Multiplayer) Fixed rafts moving at different speeds sometimes
|v0.67||Fixed raft making water splash sounds when on land|
|v0.63||(Audio) Added new sound fx when raft is pushed
Fixed boats and rafts being able to be built on top of each other (Audio) Added sound for pushing raft on ground and water.
|v0.62||Fixed Large raft repair and destroy issues
(Multiplayer) Fixed repairing structures on Large Raft launching player into air
|v0.56||It is no longer possible to use quick select while swimming/on rope/driving raft|
|v0.55||Fixed player not disconnecting from raft oar properly if raft was destroyed|
|v0.53||Fixed pickups dropped onto raft and large raft falling through
Fixed missing collision on step section on left side of large raft (Multiplayer) Fixed large raft moving erratically sometimes when client player attempts to walk under stair geometry Fixed pickups dropped onto raft and large raft falling through (Performance) Optimized physics CPU usage when there’s a raft in game Fixed rock thrower having no collision when built on a raft
|v0.51||It is no longer possible to place buildings only partially on dynamic support (i.e. the raft), it now has to be completely on the support. This is to prevent placing buildings crooked on the side which can cause physics issues (and in some cases make the raft sink or even fly)|
|v0.49||Fixed large raft stick requirement icon
(Building) Ghost structures now prevent adding the very last ingredient until the player exits the premises – fixes players getting stuck inside foundations or flying into air when completing raft
|v0.48||(Building) New dynamic structure: Large Raft ! Features 2 oars that can be wielded by 2 players for greater speed and more accurate controlling|