|Traveling on water|
Can be pushed on land
Only boat that attaches to dock
|Most buildings must be placed on top|
|Can be flipped over|
|Inside provides protection from rain|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
It could be used for traveling across the water and to stay safe from mutants and cannibals. Inside you are protected against rain, sharks and getting cold. It is possible to build fire inside without burning the House Boat.
- While the House Boat offers protection from sharks and cannibals when traveling on the water, the player cannot sleep or save in it despite its shelter classification unless a bed is built.
- Unlike the Large Raft, the upper portion of the House Boat is able to be built upon. Building a structure such as a Water Collector near the door will allow you to easily jump onto the roof where bigger structures like Catapults and large storage containers can be put safely.
- A good place to build a campfire on the raft is on top of the small roof portion next to the Oar. It will keep you warm and dry while rowing with almost no risk of accidentally stepping in it.
- You can fit log holders on it, enough to carry over 300 logs if you build them within each other.
Building[edit | edit source]
The house boat can be moored/anchored to the dock:
Controls[edit | edit source]
||On the paddle of the boat|
||Paddles the boat forward|
||Paddles the boat backwards|
||Turns boat left|
||Turns boat right|
||Aim at sides of boat to push|
||Move the mouse to look around|
Boat Attachments[edit source]
Here is a list of the types of buildings and their abilities to attach, or not attach to all the boats. This can help you plan and choose what to build on boats.
|Can be placed, no exceptions|
|Cannot be placed, no exceptions|
|Can be placed on custom stairs, garden, shark and crocodile head trophy|
|Can be placed but it's not connected|
|Can only be placed on top of the house boat|
|Can be placed on specific buildings|
|stick marker, wood target, garden, rabbit cage, basic fire, fire pit,|
weapon rack, explosives holder, small cabinet, large cabinet,
stick holder, rock holder, log holder, bed, custom stairs, skull lamp, birdhouse,
wall planter, wall weapon rack, shark and crocodile head trophy
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When you place the house boat on the water while some other structure exceeds into its blueprint, the house boat will bounce off the ground upon construction.
- You can glitch through the side of the house boat by crouching at a window, un-crouching, and sprinting forwards.
- Sharks may swim through the bottom of the boat.
- If you cancel unfinished constructions (i.e. bed or furniture) material tend to fall through the floor into the water
- If snacks are put inside of a cabinet on the House Boat, the House Boat will jerk in the direction that the back of the cabinet is facing
- If the house boat will collide with some fixed "swimming" object, e.g. hollow tree trunks like the ones met on lakes, it will turn at an strange angles; it won't cause player to fall off, if holding an paddle.
- It is possible to put Rabbit Cage inside the boat house, but rabbits will fall under the boat, if it'll be moved.
- It is possible to put Custom Wall on the roof, matching the boat roof edge's perfectly, but moving the boat will leave the walls still above in the air.
- Placing a body on the boat will cause it to tip in the direction that the body is located
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Anchoring the Houseboat to a dock - Symbol Rear Side
Anchoring the Houseboat to a dock - Anchor Attached
Anchoring the Houseboat to a dock - Symbol Front Side
Update history[edit | edit source]
|v1.0||Fixed houseboat ghost building too high above water
Fixed boats being pushed if moving against additional built structures on them making them easy to flip over
|v0.68||Made rafts move overall slightly faster
(Multiplayer) Fixed rafts moving at different speeds sometimes
|v0.67||Fixed raft making water splash sounds when on land
(Multiplayer) Hole cutter can no longer target boat or the sled while it is currently being driven by someone (Performance) Optimized boat foam system, games with many boats will benefit from this most
|v0.65||Ghosts and building requirements updated for raft and houseboat|
|v0.63||(Audio) Added new sound fx when raft is pushed
Fixed boats and rafts being able to be built on top of each other (Audio) Added sound for pushing raft on ground and water.
|v0.61||Fixed houseboat not saving HP|
|v0.58||(Audio) Tuned volume for paddling sound event when on rafts and house boats.|
|v0.56||It is no longer possible to use quick select while swimming/on rope/driving raft|
|v0.55||Fixed player not disconnecting from raft oar properly if raft was destroyed|
|v0.53||(Performance) Optimized physics CPU usage when there’s a raft in game
Fixed rock thrower having no collision when built on a raft
|v0.50||(Multiplayer) Fixed boat loading unmoored from dock when launching game with a client in lobby|
|v0.49||(Multiplayer) Fixed houseboat oar not working|
|v0.46||Fixed player sometimes not able to paddle raft or houseboat|
|v0.45||Arrow basket, bone basket, drying rack and skull light can now be nested with dynamic structures (i.e.: houseboat)
Fixed player able to glitch through houseboat collision under some circumstances It is now possible to nest small buildings in both treehouses (considered dynamic, so it has same limitations as the houseboat) Several small buildings like rabbit skin decoration and snack holder can now properly be nested to dynamic structures (like houseboat or tree structures) Fixed material icons not visible when building a structure nested with a dynamic one (like houseboat) that has moved after ghost was placed
|v0.42||Bigger structures that can’t be placed on houseboat floor can no longer be placed on its walls|
|v0.41||Fixed houseboat on land not automatically unlocking the driving player
Updated houseboat with new log model Added docking capability to house boat ! Approach houseboat close to dock stilts until the dock icon shows up and use the “Take” button to toggle the docking. While docked the boat cannot move or rotate Push houseboat icon is now outside its walls (Performance) Fixed extra physics cost for MP clients when there was a raft or houseboat in the game Ghost house boat now stays above water and can only be placed above water Added rolloff to building distortion intensity, looks a lot more natural and avoids axe hits from distorting a whole house boat (for example ;)
|v0.40||Added a rowing paddle to house boat !
(Multiplayer) Fixed issue of remote non driving player falling off raft while moving it (not very noticeable on raft but was mandatory with houseboat) Fixed jitteriness sometimes when driving raft/houseboat Fixed player body disappearing sometimes while driving raft/houseboat (Multiplayer) Unblocked house boat (audio) added snapshot to duck ambient audio when inside house boat
|v0.37||Audio – House boat now plays audio event when on water.|
|v0.23||(Audio) Increased volume of small boats/raft on water and raft paddling events.|
|v0.13||Player is no longer able to pick up logs while jumping, swimming, sailing raft or pushing sled
Equipped logs are now dropped when beginning to swim, sail a raft or push a sled
|v0.04b||Fixed bug where houseboat blueprint wouldn’t appear or couldn’t be placed in world|
|v0.03||House Boat added to the game
House boat buildable (Warning : buggy!! – especially with sharks. Also, may sink)