We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
From The Forest Wiki
New to wikis?[edit source]
- A wiki is a website that is designed to be editable by anyone. If you see something you think could do with improvement, then go ahead and improve it. Just click the "Edit" button at the top of the page. On some pages, you may have to sign up and log in before you can edit, but it's free and easy to do so.
- Don't be afraid to edit. An important part of the wiki system is the ability for you and other users to see, and revert to, previous versions of a page. If you make a mistake, someone can fix it, be it you or someone else. (Tip: Always use the "Show Preview" button at the bottom of the page to see what it will look like before publishing your changes)
- Adding a short summary of the changes you've made can be a big help when skimming through the history page.
- If you don't know how to format a page, then you may want to check the editing help for advice.
- If you want to experiment with the code of the wiki software, then use the [[Template:Linda SITENAME:Sandbox|sandbox page]].
New to The Forest?[edit source]
- This Wiki is a place for all information related to The Forest. Feel free to add any content that seems to be missing, and don't be afraid to look up information on something you're unsure about.
- If you've worked with Media-wiki's before, then all of the standard formatting will be familiar.
- See Help:Style guide for some basic guidelines regarding article formatting.