Also known as
|Goose, Canada Goose, Geese, Duck|
|Goose Lake, Lake Side Cannibal Village, Flying around|
1 Goose Head
This animal suffers from significant technical issues and bugs, as of v1.09.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Geese can be seen flying between sources of water around the Peninsula. They fly at a high altitude, unlike most other birds in the game. Their flight behavior can make them difficult game to track and hunt.
Additionally, when they are in the water, if they are approached they will often swim away fast.
Birdhouses do not attract geese.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is an idle animation featuring the player raising his hand to have a bird land on it. It flaps its wings several times before venturing back into the sky. Birds seen this way seem not to be killable, as they serve as decoration.
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It is very difficult to obtain a goose head from these animals.
- If killed in water, the feathers will drop to the bottom of the water and they won't be obtainable.
- If a goose is killed and its body is on land, it can be hit multiple times to get feathers. It is possible to get 20 feathers or more. Though this is unpredictable and doesn't always work.
- A somewhat common glitch involves geese occasionally swimming in random places inland, and very rarely in the caves.
- Goose sometimes swim through a rock and disappear when being approached.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
|v1.0||Fixed some held animal heads in wrong position on other players|
|v0.73||Fixed geese sometimes appearing to float above water|
|v0.72||Fixed geese not affected by certain weapon types|
|v0.62||(Multiplayer) Arrows in birds and animals should now be visible and retrievable by both players
Fixed birds sometimes flying underneath the ground
Fixed birds not being set on fire when shot with flare gun
|v0.58||(Multiplayer) Fixed clients sometimes not seeing many birds compared to host
Fixed wrong attack animation sometimes playing when attacking with a bird on player hand
|v0.55||(Multiplayer) Fixed birds sometimes not playing flying animation for clients|
|v0.36||Feathers are now detached from bird ragdolls thus remaining active even after small meat has been picked up
(Multiplayer) Birds are now synced properly in multiplayer games
|v0.34||Blocked bird from landing on player hand while survival book is open
Birds will attempt to avoid flying through trees and structures now
|v0.31b||Dead birds no longer provide meat|
|v0.31||Birds and squirrels now yield 1 meat
Birds no longer land on bodies that have been dropped on a fire New bird types added to world
|v0.24||Reduced maximum amount of feathers you can get from hitting dead birds with rocks|
|v0.21||Birds can now be killed with explosives|
|v0.16||Dead birds now have a chance of spawning feathers when hit|
|v0.13||Birds are no longer active while inside a cave
Slightly larger hit colliders on birds and stick weapon, makes it easier to kill grounded birds with a stick
|v0.01||Geese added to the game.|
|Passive||Bat • Bird • Deer • Fish • Lizard • Oyster • Rabbit • Raccoon • Sea Turtle • Squirrel • Tortoise|
|Hostile||Boar • Crocodile • Shark|
|Decorative||Ants • Frog • Fly • Spider • Starfish|