Also known as
|For building custom buildings|
Has distributed damage
|Can require logs to repair|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Custom Foundation is one of the most important parts of custom building. It may take many logs depending on how big your custom foundation is. It can perform snapping to allow the player to achieve straight and angled structures. It is much easier to snap angles into place the longer the placement is. At shorter distances it can be very difficult, though achievable.
- Custom foundations can use very high amounts of logs, especially at greater heights. A good rule to go by is the more logs you see, the more expensive it will be when placing the blue print. Though expensive, custom foundations are one of the best ways for newer players to learn how to build.
- More experienced players tend to move onto custom floors as they can save more logs, though these techniques are often more advanced and more risky.
- When placing foundations close to the ground, be aware of protruding grass, boulders and other game objects as most cannot be removed, it may give an undesired look.
- Keep in mind when building foundations over where stick trees are, they will regrow with each save and reload. This would cause them to come through the floor. *Custom foundations are often used by experienced players as a guide for building with custom floors as foundations are excellent for building planning.
- When foundations are damaged, they can require logs to repair. Whilst this may seem inconvenient, it causes the foundation to become much stronger than almost all other buildings.
- The player should be cautious not to complete a foundation whilst they are underneath it, as they can become trapped and may need to destroy parts to escape.
- If a custom foundation is destroyed while the player is underneath it, it will most likely cause the player to die.
- Alongside providing bases for buildings, the Custom Foundation can also be used to make bridges across water or gaps. This can provide a player with a pathway that doesn't require going around a wide riverbed.
- Using a crane blueprint will cut a hole in a custom foundation, save before placing the crane.
Building[edit | edit source]
Important[edit | edit source]
- v0.48 - (Building) Each floor and roof now has a 20 holes limit, this works around an issue in multiplayer causing clients to no longer receive holes past a certain amount, also prevents escalating computation costs due to inappropriate use of the hole cutter
- v0.42 - Added new cheat code: “woodpaste”. Can be used to reset floor & roof holes in a saved game. Cheat works once when game is started then gets reset when going back to title screen. Does nothing for MP clients
- v0.32 - Fire warm whole home system ! Enclosed custom structures with a lit fire on the floor now provide warmth regardless of player distance with the fire (note: only working on custom structures so far, not yet on prefab structures (log cabin)
- v0.34 - Collision from above with a collapsing foundation now kills player
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- In multiplayer, for the clients; Custom Foundation almost always ends up poking straight through any other objects in it's way to the ground, being very base-breaking
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update History[edit | edit source]
|v0.72||Fixed player getting knocked into the air when destroying foundation chunks|
|v0.68b||Fixed repair tool continuously playing the repair complete sfx when hitting a perfectly sane foundation based structure|
|v0.67||(Multiplayer) Fixed foundation based structures with only foundations damaged not offering repair prompt to clients until host first inspected it with the repair tool|
|v0.62||Hybrid buildings (using a preplaced structure combined with procedural foundations, i.e. the gazebo) now properly account for both the structure and the foundation repair hit & log requirement before allowing the repair to complete
(Multiplayer) Fixed foundation built in caves not working properly for clients
(Multiplayer) Fixed foundation with collapsed chunks not properly initialized for late joining clients causing collapsed chunks to be there for the client and leaving client unable to repair it
|v0.61b||Fixed issue with foundation ghosts not working correctly for clients|
|v0.61||(DS) Fixed issues with repairing custom foundations
Damaging foundations no longer distorts nested buildings (ie: a rope anchored to a gazebo)
Custom foundations repair cost is now limited to 20 hammer hits regardless of damage sustained
|v0.53||Ghost foundations now check more accurately if player is below/within to prevent completion|
|v0.49||(Building) Ghost structures now prevent adding the very last ingredient until the player exits the premises – fixes players getting stuck inside foundations or flying into air when completing raft|
|v0.48||(Building) Each floor and roof now has a 20 holes limit, this works around an issue in multiplayer causing clients to no longer receive holes past a certain amount, also prevents escalating computation costs due to inappropriate use of the hole cutter
(Building) Added angle snap when placing foundation, walls, fences and stairs!
|v0.47b||Fixed unlocking all ghost foundation points leaving a floating ghost behind|
|v0.47||Procedural walls/foundations and fences can now be placed after the first locked point and reaching the minimum length requirement
Procedural foundations, floors and roofs now have a new dot and line gizmo when placing it in manual mode to fully visualize what is going on within
|v0.46||Procedural floor no longer suggests and allow the autofill feature on a foundation (since it would just make a second floor matching the foundation embedded one)|
|v0.44||Fixed platform anchors icon being inside its foundation instead of outside|
|v0.43||Fixed collapsing foundation not releasing its logs individually and instead staying glued in oddly shaped chunks of several logs
Placing a procedural wall on a foundation with floor will now cover the floor area instead of matching the foundation shape (so if foundations have an open side the ghost wall will cover that part as well instead of leaving it open, note that as all constructions it can be cancelled if not wanted)
|v0.42||Added new cheat code: “woodpaste”. Can be used to reset floor & roof holes in a saved game. Cheat works once when game is started then gets reset when going back to title screen. Does nothing for MP clients
Fixed extremities of foundation’s floor not perfectly overlapping the area, eventually causing foundation to be visible on the sides, also fixes some weirdness with holes on sides of floors and roofs not perfectly conforming with hole area. Might have an impact on look of previously made buildings/holes
Ghost foundations can now be snapped back at first locked point regardless of what height is currently aimed at
|v0.41b||Calibrated floor & foundation floor log cost with new log size to match old cost for a given area coverage
(Multiplayer) Fixed bombs exploding over a foundation floor not distorting for client
|v0.41||Setup new log model on wall, foundations, log pickup
Fixed foundation’s floor position locking possibly going out of sync with foundation’s one
Fixed aiming up or down from last locked foundation position allowing to go around the minimum chunk length limitation
|v0.34||Collision from above with a collapsing foundation now kills player|
|v0.33c||Fixed clients getting kicked when foundation with fire on top is destroyed by an explosive|
|v0.33||(Audio) Added break apart SFX to non-foundation building collapsing
(Multiplayer) Lowered MP data memory footprint of each non foundation based buildings by 95%
(Multiplayer) Fixed issue with nested buildings causing clients to get kicked out when destroying foundations
|v0.32||Fire warm whole home system ! Enclosed custom structures with a lit fire on the floor now provide warmth regardless of player distance with the fire (note: only working on custom structures so far, not yet on prefab structures (log cabin)|
|v0.30||Fixed missing underside of large cabin floor (visible when it was built high up on foundation)|
|v0.24||Improved foundation system to better work with explosive destruction and improve destruction performance|
|v0.23||(multiplayer) Fixed a case of foundation repair trigger vanishing for clients when it shouldn’t|
|v0.22||(multiplayer) Fixed clients not being able to repair custom foundations
(multiplayer) Fixed issue causing foundation floor to not fully show up for clients when structure isn’t closed
Fixed blown up floor logs on custom foundations not getting respawned when repaired
Improved foundation destruction logic to prevent some cases of foundation ending without bottom row, flying in the air
|v0.21||Fixed bugs with log sled when grabbing/letting go while on a foundation
Fixed bug where foundation would prevent itself from repairing properly and respawn with missing bits at bottom
Lowered dust area and amount when foundations collapse
|v0.20||(multiplayer) Foundations now use the same destruction system as in SP|
|v0.18c||Fixed Ex Wall being offset downwards when using the auto-fill feature to place it on a Foundation + Floor, causing doors to be hard to open (not retro active)|
|v0.18b||Custom buildings (experimental walls, bridges, procedural stairs, roofs, floors, foundations) now all work in multiplayer!
Fixed bug where anchors on foundations could cause issues and break save games!
|v0.18||Foundation destruction system ! Foundations can sustain a certain amount of damage up until the point they will completely collapse.
While placing Foundations, it now shows a log between target position and the floor below before any position has been locked
Each foundation chunk how has an anchor near the top !
Fixed Foundation/Floor/Roof ghost collider requiring to move out of collider before it can be targeted
|v0.17||Foundations now block the player and AIs
Partially below terrain Foundations no longer go all the way down to the cave below and end up being very expensive
Fixed foundations log material
|v0.14||(Custom Building)Procedural foundations now auto fill with experimental floor making structures simpler to build.
(Custom Building)Added valid angle & distance gizmo to Foundations, Floors, Walls and Roofs
Reduced log cost of foundations for all buildings
|v0.13||(optimization) Improved Experimental Foundations & Walls memory footprint
(building) Removed Manual Foundations 4 edges limit, improved visual feedback
(building) Added closure snapping to manual foundations
|v0.11||Custom Foundation added to the game (single player only)
New buildable item: Custom foundations!(single player)
|Building: Fire • Shelter • Food and Water • Storage • Custom • Utility • Furniture • Small Traps • Advanced Traps • Boats • Effigies • Family|
|Information: To Do List • Stats • Nature Guide • Notes|