From The Forest Wiki
| This article's content is unimplemented|
It is either incomplete, or planned to be released in an upcoming update.
This article lists upcoming features that have been planned to be added during the alpha for The Forest.
Additions / Changes / Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Major changes include the move to the Unity 5 engine which would result in:
- Large visual and performance increase
- Better deferred renderer
- Improved lighting and shading
Other mentioned features[edit | edit source]
- Increased visual improvements to make the world look, feel, and run better
- More buildable
- More crafting options
- More trapping and hunting options
- More animals such as fish, snakes, frogs, and bird types
- More places to explore (new landscapes, even deeper caves)
- Further improved A.I.
- New hostile "terrifying" creatures
- Additional gamemodes
- Full Oculus Rift compatibility